Unreal Engine 5 is a great software for game development. Developers who decide to spend their time on the app often wish to apply their own color theme. It is a very easy process. Read through to know the tips to change color theme in Unreal Engine 5.
Steps to Change Color Theme
The steps to change the color theme should be easy for you to follow through.
- Launch the Unreal Engine 5.
- In the top-left corner, the menu options will be present.
- Click on Edit and then from the list that appears, click on Edit Preferences.
- A new window will open from which you can change all the settings.
- In the menu list on the left side of the screen, under the General tab, click on Appearance.
- Now, on the right side, locate Active theme.
- Click on the small pencil icon to edit the theme.
- The Theme Editor window will open up.
- Inside this window, you can change the name of the theme. Additionally, you can also set the colors that are available in the RGB color palette.
- You can use the Hex Color tool website to pick any color – Website Link
- As per your choice, you can select any color. It will give you the exact RGBA code.
- Copy the code from the website and paste it into the boxes allotted for different UI sections in the Theme Editor window.
- After you are done specifying the color codes, click on Save.
- The colors will be applied accordingly.
This process will help you to create your first color theme in Unreal Engine 5. In case you want to switch between multiple themes, you have to do the following steps.
- Click on the save icon beside the small pencil icon in the Active Theme option.
- Give the theme a proper name and save it on your PC.
- Now, create a different custom theme following the steps mentioned above.
- Save that theme as well.
- You will now have two themes that you can switch between.