The console players have complained about a common error. The cannot use content error is shown only when your account does not own a license of the game. Generally, when the error message is displayed, the account that has access to the game is also mentioned. You can solve this error by the three methods listed below.
- Switch over to the account that has the license.
- From the top bar, navigate all the way to Settings.
- Scroll down to Account Management.
- Under this option, select Activate as Your Primary PS4 and open it.
- Now, click on Activate.
Doing this will ensure that all the accounts on the PS4 will have access to PlayStation Plus feature. Now, you can head back to the account from which you were trying to launch the game.
Unfortunately, this might not work in some cases. Don’t you worry! There is another way to fix it.
- Navigate to Settings and open the Account Management window.
- Scroll down to Restore Licenses and click on it.
- Click on the Restore button and wait for the process to finish. This will restore the licenses of all the content.
- Click on Ok and try to launch the game.
This method will restore the license information of the entire content present on your PS4. Depending on the amount, it will take some time to finish.
If you notice that the error persists, then move ahead to the last resort.
- On the home screen, select the game that is giving the error.
- Press the Options button.
- From the list, scroll down and click on Delete.
- Now, press Ok to completely delete the game.
- In the home screen, scroll to the end and open Library.
- From the left-hand menu, scroll down to the Purchased option.
- Locate the deleted game from the list of purchased games.
- Press the X key to open the game and then download the files as usual.
Deleting the game will not erase the saved game data in your local storage. It will just remove the game files from the console and not the progress data. Once you reinstall the game, the data will be restored.
A huge shoutout to YourSixStudios for explaining the steps in his YouTube video. Be sure to watch it if you need visual guidance.