DayZ is a very popular survival multiplayer online game. Likewise, it is a post-apocalyptic action survival game. It is a game where players have to survive against the zombies as well as fight against human enemies. DayZ is also a mod to a popular first-person shooter game, Arma 2. Player interaction is a very important element of the gameplay in DayZ. However, some players may be wondering about how they can play DayZ offline. This article is regarding how to play Dayz offline.
Is it possible to play DayZ offline?
The short answer is YES. It is possible to play DayZ offline and without any internet connection. Although the game does not have a native feature built-in to play offline mode, there is great community support for the game. Therefore, the DayZ mod community has an offline MOD for the game. The DayZ CommunityOfflineMode is an unofficial offline mod for DayZ.
How to play Dayz offline :
1) First and foremost, you have to download and install the latest or stable version of the game.
2) Next up, you have to download the DayZCommunityOfflineMode from here.
3) After you download the community offline mode for the game, extract the zip file and get a “Missions” folder from it.
4) Then, you have to move the “Missions” folder to the DayZ game directory. Likewise, you can locate the game’s directory in the following folder path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ
5) After you move the “Missions” folder to the destination of the folder path, you have to start the script or the .bat file to activate the offline mode.
6) Now, you have to start the offline mode script for DayZ. In order to start the script, you have to locate the batch file for the offline mode.
7) You can start the script by going to the following folder path: DayZ/Missions/DayZCommunityOfflineMode.ChernarusPlus/DayZCommunityOfflineMode.bat
8) After starting the script by clicking on the DayZCommunityOfflineMode.bat file, you will be loaded directly into the offline mode of the game.
9) Otherwise, you can also add a parameter to the game instead of starting the script. You can add the following start parameter to the game: -mission=.\Missions\DayZCommunityOfflineMode.ChernarusPlus
10) Finally, you can now enjoy the offline mode of DayZ.
Do note that you can uninstall the offline mode mod by deleting all the Missions folder files as well as renaming your .disabled folders. Additionally, you can perform a Steam file integrity check to restore essential files.
This was regarding how to play offline in DayZ. You can read another article on the game here.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.