Every fan who loves playing WoW for countless hours knows just how important the addons are that lets you customize your gameplay by making changes to the user interface. It also shows additional information on the screen that ensures a smooth raiding experience and seamless communication between party members. Lately, the most popular MMORPG is having several issues in-game, specifically addons not displaying properly that are preventing players from enjoying the game fully. This seems to have been triggered after the users installed an update or moved the game folder. Is there a fix? Continue reading the article to know how to fix addons not detected in WoW.
How to fix addons not working in World of Warcraft
It seems that many players who aren’t on Twitch aren’t able to see addons in WoW as this doesn’t seem to be the case for people who are using Twitch. There are many reasons why the addons are not working on WoW such as new updates, corrupt add-on directory, incorrect extraction, and new update. To fix this issue, it is imperative that your add-ons are not corrupt and put in the designated folder. With that being said, here are some of the things that you can try to fix the addons not working in WoW.
Installing outdated addons
WoW client has an option that automatically discards the outdated addons from your gameplay when the new ones are detected in the game. This is done so to prevent any glitches to the addons and is something that you can try. Here’s how to install outdated addons
- Launch WoW as an administrator and log into your character
- Press the Esc menu to load the small menu on the screen and click on the “Addons” option.
- Once the addon window is open, check the “Load out of date addons”. Doing so will let you see all the disabled add-ons appear on the screen.
- Enable the addon that you wish to see in WoW and press okay, now all the addons will be enabled.
Removing interface folder
The interface folder is where all your screenshots and addons are stored in the WoW game folder. Well, there are rare cases where the folder gets corrupted and unreadable by the game client. What you can do is delete the folder and let the game client create one. This will reset all the configurations from where you can paste the addons again. Here’s how to do it.
- Close the game and processes completely and head to the installation directory of WoW.
- Locate the Interface folder which will be in the retail folder most likely, and cut and paste the folder into Desktop as a backup.
- Launch the WoW client and log into your character. After 1 to 2 minutes, close it and head back to the location where you’ve installed the game. The interface folder will be recreated once again, now you can easily download and paste the addons in the addons folder inside the interface folder
We hope that you enjoyed reading this article, stay tuned for more updates about World of Warcraft and other news at Digistatement.