Red Dead Online is an action-adventure game. The great storyline is what makes this game so popular. This game is an online multiplayer for the actual game Red Dead Redemption 2. After many months of beta, the game was finally launched for PlayStation 4 and Xbox in 2019. Since then, many gamers have liked the game. It is disheartening to see gamers facing the Error 0x20010006.
The error code 0x20010006 is encountered by players while launching the Red Dead Online game. This error does not allow players to enter the game. If you see that any other error code is displayed, you can still apply this method to fix that.
Fix for Error 0x20010006
Before proceeding to the methods to fix this error, you have to keep a few things in mind. Keep a LAN cable nearby. You have to use this cable to connect your PS4 directly with the router. This will ensure that you will get a stable internet connection and a good ping value. Now, you have to close the game completely. After that,
- Navigate to the Settings page on the PS4.
- Open Network
- Click on Use Lan Cable.
- Enter the Custom setup process.
- Set the IP address to automatic.
- Keep the DHCP host name to Do Not Specify.
- Under the DNS settings, go into Manual.
- You can use any of the following DNS values –
- Primary: 18.104.22.168, Secondary: 0.0.0.0
- Primary: 22.214.171.124, Secondary: 0.0.0.0
- Primary:126.96.36.199, Secondary:188.8.131.52
- Click on Next to proceed to MTU settings.
- Keep it at Automatic and move on to Proxy Server.
- Set the Proxy Server to Do Not Use and move on.
- In the last step, click on Test Internet.
- Wait for the console to check the settings as you have entered just now.
This will solve the Error 0x20010006 on Red Dead Online. If you wish to see a visual guide of the steps, watch the YouTube video by TechHQ.