If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that PlayStation consoles have undergone a major evolution in terms of hardware, and software upgrades along with games and new features. PlayStation 5 is one of the next-gen consoles that has plenty of features and exclusive titles that many enjoy, however, it also has its own share of technical issues that can be frustrating for gamers. One such issue is the orange or yellow light issue on PS5 controllers which normally signifies that signifies that your controller is charging, but if you see it frequently, it also means that your PS5 controller might be dying. Is there a fix? Read on more to know how to fix the orange or yellow light issue on your PS5 controller.
The cause of yellow or orange light blinking on PS5 Controller.
There are many reasons as to why you’re seeing yellow or orange light on your PS5 controller. Usually, it means that your controller is charging. However, there might be some issues with your controller if the yellow or orange light starts blinking. Continue reading to learn how to fix this issue.
How to fix Orange or Yellow light on PS5 Controller
If you’re having issues with your PS5 controller, you can fix it easily as we have mentioned some solutions that you can try.
1) Turn off your PlayStation 5 completely by holding down the power button until you hear one beep and another one in five seconds.
2) Unplug all the cables on the back of the console and leave it for one minute and plug everything back again. This will hard reset the console.
3) Next, hold down the PlayStation button on your controller for five to ten seconds and you’ll notice the light bar will turn off. Flip the controller and use a pin or a toothpick and insert it into the hole and hold it for five to ten seconds. This will reset the controller.
4) Plug the USB cable on the front of your PS5 and then into the controller, it will be indicated by a light that your controller is charging, press the PS button once or press it multiple times to turn on the console.
5) The problem might be on the PS button, conductive film, or Bluetooth. So, to fix it, you must head to the “Settings” menu in your PS5 and repair it. For this to work, you need a second controller, however, you can also use your phone as it has a “PlayStation Remote Application” that is available on Apple Store or Google Playstore. Download the app to use it on your PS5 if you don’t have a second controller.
6) Go to “Settings” in the home screen of your PS5 and select the “Accessories” option, and then “General” followed by “Bluetooth Accessories”. You’ll see various controllers listed in the Bluetooth Accessory option, select the controller that’s not working by pressing X and then “Delete”, press “Ok” and it will disappear along with the message “Your device will be forgotten”.
7) Also, make sure to do this if your controller is connected to the smartphone or iPad. Go to “Bluetooth”, select your controller and select “Forget” (unpair). After this, press the PS button and Share button simultaneously, it will put the controller into sleep mode and it’ll start flashing. Now, you’ll be able to establish a connection via Bluetooth with the PS5 controller through your PS5. Press X on the controller and then tap on “Yes” and it will connect. If it doesn’t work, try with a USB cable and if it’s not charging through the front port, try the back one.
We hope that you enjoyed reading this article, stay tuned for more updates at Digistatement.