The new update of the immensely popular game Among us has brought some censorship to the chat. If you are above the age of 18 you can chat on the 18+ channel and stay away from censorship. In this article, I will show you How to change your age in Among Us?
Among Us- The indie game that took over
Among Us a famous online multiplayer game that can basically be found on every other Smartphone and PC. Released in 2018, the game did not take off well initially. However, Among Us quickly rose to the top of the most played games charts. This was largely due to popular streamers picking up the game coupled with the abundance of free time on everyone’s hand due to the pandemic. The game also can be played with over 10 players, which helped in the surge of growth for its fanbase. The game has taken over the whole pop culture and with its nostalgic and yet somehow new game mechanics it never gets old.
Among us 2021 update
The 2021 update has brought a new feature to the game called quick chat. What it has also brought along with it is the frustration of gamers. Some who don’t want to be censored and some who don’t want to hear these people swearing. Luckily for us, we can change the age to fit into whichever category you want. One of the ways to do that is to download the latest version of the game and set your age their and then play the game.
How to change your age in Among Us?
On mobile, however, if you have already set an age you can follow these steps:
- Enable hidden files and folders on your mobile.
- Go to “C:Users/Your Name/AppDataLocalLowInnerSlothAmongUsplayerPrefs”.
- The user will be able to access a file. Change the name of the file from the playerPrefs file to playerPrefs.txt.
- The next step is to open the file on Notepad, user data will be present there.
- Date of birth will among the options. Change the date previously stored to the desired date.
- Save the file and remove the “.txt” extension that was previously added to edit the file.
On PC you can change your age when you install a new game or you can change by the following way :
- Go to “C:\Users\”Your Name”\AppData\LocalLow\InnerSloth\Among Us\playerPrefs”. You need to enable hidden files and folders to be able to see it.
- Rename the playerPrefs file to playerPrefs.txt.
- Open with Notepad and you will see a date there. Replace the date with your desired date.
- Save the file and remove the “.txt” extension by renaming it