PlayStation 5 has a wide collection of games that are available on the PlayStation Store and a few of them are only available in specific regions. Depending on the region you are from, you’ll see some games listed for purchase and some missing if you’re residing in a different country. This can be very annoying for users if they’re residing in a different country and can’t purchase and download games just because their region doesn’t allow it. However, you shouldn’t be disappointed as changing a few settings and switching to another region can solve the issue. But, is it possible to change country or region on PS5 store? Read on more to know about the same.
Why you should change the region in your PS5 store?
Because of Sony’s weird policy, some games in regions other than the US like Brazil don’t allow games to download. The real reason behind it is unknown and always baffles us as to why other games don’t show up in our region, especially on the digital version of the console where your only option to get games is through the PS store and nowhere else. Disc version on the other hand lets you enjoy the game regardless of the region, as it can be bought from eBay or any other online store. If you have a digital version of PS5 and want to play games that aren’t available in your region, we’ve mentioned a few steps that’ll let you enjoy your games.
How to change Country or Region in PlayStation 5?
To download games that aren’t available in your region, we’ve put together a couple of steps that’ll let you play those games on your PS5.
Use the Storefront Country Option
- On the home screen of your PlayStation, go to your PS store and go all the way to the right where the three-dots are located and select it.
- After selecting it, you’ll be presented with a bunch of options. In those options, select the “Storefront Country” option.
- In the Storefront Country option, you’ll see your country name and language in it. In the country tab, select the option and you’ll see multiple countries listed there. Change it to your preferred country to see the games, but be aware that some content will be restricted and you can only make purchases from your country’s storefront.
Use a different account.
To access and download games that aren’t available in your region, you can create a new account and set it to the region of your preference. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Navigate to the icon on the right side of the screen, next to the Power Button. Select the “Switch User” option.
- A dialog box will open. Select “Add User” on the far left side and tap on “Get Started”, then select “I agree” and then Confirm.
- In the sign-in menu, navigate to the “Create an Account” button on the lower left side and follow the instructions mentioned on the screen.
You’ll require a new e-mail address and password for this new account. Also, you will have to select a country that you want to change it to. You’ll also need to select the city, postal code, and state, so look for them online. Then fill in every detail and verify your e-mail address. Sign in to your new e-mail address and click the link sent by PlayStation to activate your account. Now you can download and play any games from a different region without any hassle.
We hope that you enjoyed reading this article, stay tuned for more updates at Digistatement.