The camera on the PS5 is good for simple streaming. The altercation of brightness is essential when the light conditions are not normal in the room. In case you are in a dark or very bright room, it is best to adjust the brightness for your PlayStation 5 camera. The steps are fairly simple and easy to follow.
Set up PlayStation 5 camera
- On the home screen of the PlayStation 5, you will locate different options on the top of the screen.
- Navigate to settings. It is the gear icon that is beside the search icon.
- From the menu, scroll down the list to find Captures and Broadcasts.
- Open the setting and select Broadcasts. On the right-side menu, you will see an option as Camera.
- Inside the settings of the Camera, you will find the range bar for adjusting the brightness.
- On the right, a preview will be available for your reference.
There is no such value as a perfect setting. Adjust this according to the light conditions in your room. Preferably, keep it such that people can see your face. You should also adjust the Contrast level. If you bring it too low, then your image will be faded and for high values, it will appear too dark and popped up. Look for a level that is just soothing to the eye.
Other options are available that can be appealing to the viewers. The transparency level determines how much your image will blend in with the background. You can also try out different effects like monochrome or comic. The camera size will determine the overall size your face cam takes up on the screen. Try to keep it at medium. The Camera cut out is the boundary shape for the facecam image. You can change it to a circle if you wish.
These are all the camera features that you can get with the PS5. If you want a video explanation, you should check out YourSixStudios. You should also refocus your PlayStation 5 camera after the changes. It will just refresh the correct focusing.