Do you also wonder that how you can move the Fortnite game to another drive? If yes, then continue reading this article to know more about this topic. Fortnite is a free-to-play online multiplayer Battle Royale game.
Developed and published by Epic Games, this game is available to play on almost every popular platform including Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, ios, and Android. Moreover, in this article, we are going to discuss how you can move Fortnite to another drive. So here is everything you need to know about it.
Move Fortnite to another drive: How to do it?
This guide is going to be easy to follow. So, follow along these steps to move Fortnite to another drive.
- Open the Fortnite folder location. If you used the generic method to install the game, head to the following path to locate this folder. File Explorer> This PC> Local Disk C> Program Files> Epic Games> Fortnite
- Now, copy the Fortnite folder and head to the drive where you want to move it.
- Here, create a new folder and name it “Epic Games”.
- Paste the Fortnite Folder here.
- Rename the Fortnite Folder as “Fortnite Old”
- Open Epic Games launcher and head to Library.
- Click on the Settings icon here and select uninstall.
- Click on Install and select the “browse” option.
- Locate the “Epic Games” folder that you made in the new drive.
- Start Installing the game and cancel it after 1 MB has been downloaded.
- Now, you will notice that a new empty folder has been created at the new location. Delete that folder and rename the “Fortnite Old” folder as “Fortnite”.
- After this, resume the downloading process in the Epic Games Launcher. Your files will get verified and you can play the game now.
So, this was all about moving Fortnite to another drive. Share this guide with your friends to help them move Fortnite.
Read More about Fortnite: