Are you also facing an error saying “Out of memory trying to allocate a texture” while playing Fortnite? If yes, then continue reading this article to know more about this error and see how you can fix it. Fortnite is an online multiplayer Battle Royale game available to play on many popular platforms including Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, ios, and Android.
Being a game played on massive platforms, there is a possibility that several errors may occur while playing the game. In this article, we are going to talk about another such error that pops up with the message “Out of memory trying to allocate a texture”. So, here is everything you need to know about it.
Fix Fortnite Error: Out of Memory trying to allocate a texture
This error is unusual and may occur to anyone playing Fortnite on PC. But, there is nothing to worry about as we are here to describe the solution for this issue. Here are some steps that you can follow to fix this error.
- Go to This PC on your computer.
- Right-click there and select Properties
- Go to advanced System Settings and click on Settings.
- Here, under the Advanced tab, click on change. Another window will pop up open.
- Now, uncheck the option of “Automatic manage paging file size for all drives” and click on “custom size”.
- Set Initial size (MB) to 12000 and maximum size (MB) to 30000
- Click on Set and then on OK
- After that, click on Apply and later on OK.
- Now, a popup window will ask you to restart your computer, agree with it and restart your computer to finish
- Open Epic Games Launcher
- Go to your Library and click on the Settings icon present at Fortnite thumbnail.
- Click on Verify to verify the integrity of game files and wait for the process to get completed.
So, this was all about eliminating this unusual error. We hope that you found this article helpful. Share this solution with your friends to help them fix this issue.