Square Enix’s most ambitious fantasy action title, Forspoken is released for both PS5 and PC and so far the game is good. The magical parkour mechanics, cinematic storytelling, beautiful graphics, and the immersive land of Athia are a delight to experience. These are some of the key strengths that highlight the pros of the game. Sadly like every other newly released title, not every function of the game runs smoothly. The controller/gamepad not working issue existed in the demo of the game and sadly a lot of people are experiencing this in the final build, which is unacceptable. Luckily, the community like always found fixes that helped them fix the controller issues and we have listed some of them in this article. So, continue reading to know how to fix the Controller/Gamepad not working issue in Forspoken.
How to fix the controller/gamepad not working in Forspoken.
Below we have laid out a few workarounds that can help you get your Xbox or PlayStation controller running in Forspoken. Without further ado, let’s dive into the details-
Enable/Disable Steam Input
- Open Steam and go to “Library”, in the left side locate Forspoken and right click on it and select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Controller” tab and here, click on the down arrow and select “Enable Steam Input” and launch the game.
- If that didn’t help, go ahead and select “Disable Steam Input” and see which one works for you.
Configure the controller
- Launch the Steam client, and on the top, click on “Steam” and then click on “Settings”.
- Select the “Controller” tab and then “General Controller Settings”.
- The controller setting window will open where you can modify your controller. If you have PlayStation or Xbox controller, select the respective configuration support and tick the option.
- Close the window and launch the game and the issue should be fixed.
Launch Steam in Big Picture mode
Even if after trying all of the fixes above, the game refuses to recognize your controller, then launching Steam in Big Picture mode might do the trick.
- In Steam, you can see the Big Picture mode icon on the top right side of the screen. Click it and it’ll activate Big Picture mode
- Go to “Library”, select “Forspoken” & click on “Play” and see if the controller is working or not.
- If that didn’t help, then click on “Manage Game” after clicking on Forspoken and select “Controller Option”.
- Select “Forced On”, click on “Ok” and start the game. If that didn’t work, choose the “Forced Off” option and see if it helps.
Unplug external devices
If you have additional external devices like controllers, wheels, or USB adapters connected to your PC, try disconnecting them. Then, connect your primary controller, and launch the game. Sometimes Forspoken conflicts with the external devices and fails to recognize the primary input.
Install reWASD/DS4 Windows
Download reWASD or DS4 Windows and configure your controller via the application and check if it helps you fix the controller issue in Forspoken. If not, then try the next method.
Install Xbox Accessories app & update the controller
- Go to the Microsoft store and in the search box, type “Xbox Accessories app” and press Enter.
- Click on “Install” once you’re on the app’s page.
- After installation, connect your Xbox controller to your PC using a USB cable and the app will recognize it immediately.
- Click on the three dots button and if there is an update available, click on “Continue” and the update will begin. Once it’s done, launch the game and see if the issue is resolved.
Hopefully, the workarounds above will be effective in fixing the controller issues in Forspoken. If not, then wait for an update and continue playing using the keyboard and mouse controls. We hope that you enjoyed reading this article. Stay tuned for more updates about the latest Forspoken guides, news, and more at Digistatement.