Snapchat is a messaging application that allows and lets its users’ exchange pictures and even videos (which are named as snaps) but the best feature of this app is that these snaps get disappeared once they’re viewed, so it makes the users feel safer and secured. And let’s say if anybody even tries to take a screenshot, the sender will be given an alert about it that the receiver took a screenshot of your snap. Although it came out with the advertisement of his famous new type of camera which basically has a lot of features besides taking a picture or a video, that is adding filters, lenses or other effects and also makes you enable to share it with friends.
Now, talking about profiles, there are many kinds of profiles in Snapchat, for example, the ‘My Profile’, ‘Friendship Profiles’, ‘Group Profiles’, or ‘Public Profiles’. So there is a meaning to each and every profile type and these names.
So ‘My Profile’ is basically the personal info, such as your Bitmoji, location, finds info, and many more. And from here you can check out the users who have viewed your stories.
A Friendship profile is unique for your every next friend, you ask how? It will display the snaps and messages that you’ve saved for just yourselves and it will also display the Charms that you have with this friend on Snapchat right at the bottom.
Group Profile does the same thing as a friendship profile as it also displays the saved snaps and chats but only of the groups.
Public Profile is more of an opportunity on Snapchat as it lets the users above 18 years to get discovered among other people through this app. Making a public profile has its own set of features included like you can have saved highlight, you can make people subscribe to your account, and much more.
Now in some devices, this option of Public profile is not available to the user, so let’s look into this issue and learn how to solve it.
How to do it
- In the first step, download VPN for your device and set it to the United States.
- Now, open your Snapchat app and lookout for a ‘Spotlight and Snap Map’ option, if it’s not there then follow the next steps.
- So got to your Snapchat settings.
- And set your privacy (Camera selfie, Contact me, My Story, etc) to everyone under the ‘Who can’ panel.
- Now close the Snapchat and open it again, (make sure your VPN is connected).
- If it is still not there, restart your Snapchat for two-three times and it will be shown to you after a few attempts.
- Now in the option ‘Spotlight and Snap Map’ you would not be able to see the option that will enable other users to subscribe to your account.
- Well, wait for some time for your account to become a public profile.
This problem is due to the heavy load on the servers since this feature is launched, so for some time they have stopped the subscribe feature but when the server will be free again, you will have that feature too. You can also go to the support section and write a complaint if you want, but waiting is advised and just be updated about the server activation.