If you are facing any kind of trouble regarding the sending or receiving of messages in your Samsung S21, S21 Plus, or S21 Ultra, it is mostly an issue related to the carrier or maybe its service. Well besides this, there are unfortunately and surprisingly a lot of other potential causes as to why not your phone has become unable for receiving the text images. One of them can be maybe you’re out of your normal network, which may happen because you may be traveling somewhere international. At such moments you may have to contact your service provider so that they can turn on your international services.
The other reason can be due to the reason that you may have blocked some specific of your contacts, so it is possible that you may be missing the text messages from their side. Now, check through the setting to view your block list and if you think they’re important, then unblock those specific callers to get text messages from them regularly.
Well, these ones are those that may happen and are quite common. But still, you should have the knowledge of all the possibilities due to which, such a problem may be occurring. So let’s look into this article further and see where the actual problem lies and try resolving your issue.
Important: If you are facing not receiving messages after the software update, then it is a high probable chance that you need to change your messaging app as maybe it’s not compatible anymore with the new update.
Possible Causes of the SMS message error
- Confirm the status of your carrier service: It is important that you confirm whether your account is in good shape or not and also that your service is well and active. For this, you may have to contact your service provider and confirm.
- Ensure you’ve got a signal: It’s important to make sure that your phone has a good data connection to your carrier network. Try disabling the Wi-Fi temporarily and check for at least a 3G signal in your status bar at the top. In other cases, if your phone is compatible to support it, you need to make sure “Wi-Fi calling is enabled”
- Try rebooting your phone: This is one solution as rebooting can solve your problem in the easiest manner. So reboot your device as it may help it reconnect to your cellular network and can also clear up any temporary app issues that may be creating some kind of hindrances to stop messages.
- Examine your SIM card: Make sure that your SIM card is inserted into your device properly and is not damaged. If you see any problem regarding that, it is advised that you contact your carrier and request a replacement.
- Deregister iMessage: If you have recently stopped being a user of iPhone, then you will need to unregister from iMessage.