The Battlestate Games team is preparing for a major update 0.13. As promised earlier, the new patch fixes errors and bugs from previous versions. It also optimizes the client and server for processing physics, improves connection speed, and fixes the server. The devs of EFT are also working on increasing the realism of the game, making the game experience much better. Some bugs and delays still persist when reloading weapons and jamming, now operations like charging or discharging will require real-time. Players usually have to carefully monitor the number of rounds in the store as they will not be displayed on the screen.
Now a post in the EFT community of Reddit sheds light on the roadmap of patch 0.13, created between Reddit users u/Sdueq and u/PhilosopherDave. Sdueq occasionally translates Nikita podcasts revealing a lot of EFT details, you can follow him.
So let us dive into the roadmap of Patch 0.13:
Escape from Tarkov Patch 0.13 October 2020
Streets of Tarkov
- 40 players will be on this map. So big you can get lost on the map. Helicopter flying over high-rise buildings
- Previously Named Faction
- Nikita wants this to be a surprise.
- “Some time in the future we’ll add AI UN squads that would have machine gunners, medics, something like that. And these backpacks are going to spawn on those medics.”
- “UN troops are going to be controlling and dividing the map so you won’t be able to go around freely. And they’ll have features tied to working with Peacekeeper.”
- “Some cheats are using alternative environment to analyze the information. For those kinds of cheats, traffic needs to be encrypted.”
Automatically Regulated Economy
- “We are gradually moving on to the automatically regulated economy. I’ve been talking about it many times. Traders are going to be deciding what to do by themselves.”
Crafting System Re-Design
- New interface coming.
- New ways to craft top tier ammo.
- Planned for people who actively submit tickets with bugs, play a lot, and know a lot about the game.
Maps with Only Scav/PMC Extracts
- Note: I am reading this like the Reserve and Interchange scav/PMC extracts.
- Implemented once all maps are done. All extracts will be PMC/Scav.
- for Scavs only. If you kill a boss as a scav your cooldown could increase and you will be “known” by the boss when you enter the map.
- Waiting for 80% of bosses to be added to locations.
- Scav-Centered DLC planned with an emphasis on the life of a scav. You will play as a Scav Boss.
- Arena mode where you fight bosses. Bosses will interact with each other based on their AI.
- Everything is already recorded for specific situations. (Nikita Podcast, May 8, 2020, translation by /u/Sdueq)
- “Bosses’ voices are being recorded. We already have the voice of Reshala.” (Nikita Podcast, May 8, 2020, translation by /u/Sdueq)
Plate Carrier and RIG Remake
- Remake is planned. (Nikita Podcast, May 8, 2020, translation by /u/Sdueq)
- Remake following Plate Carrier and RIG Remake. (Nikita Podcast, May 8, 2020, translation by /u/Sdueq)
Chest Rig and Plate Carrier Decorations
Player Report System
- Planned for reporting people with suspicious activity, potential cheats, inappropriate nickname, and lagging server
- This is a secondary system to BattleEye. Players will not be banned from being reported. This will flag BSG to watch the account or have them change their nickname.
Flea Market Captcha
Permanent and Seasonal Servers
Players will be able to have a PMC in both a permanent and seasonal server. Also, This will allow people to go through the entire questline. But also enjoy the periodic wipes.
- “It’s functions will be limited – you won’t be able to trade or go to hideout. At least we want the player to be able to get the insured items, get the sold items or renew the offers in flea market, check the flea market, look up the in-game encyclopedia. It won’t have the full functionality so you’ll have the full system without needing to enter the game.”
Flea Market Data
- Developing API
- Will give websites Flea Market data on a periodic basis.
- Steyr AUG
- Underbarrel Launchers
- Hand Launchers
This information is compiled through the Tarkov Russian podcast by Nikita and TarkovTV, some social media posts, and interviews since April 15, 2020. None of the information here is sure shot confirmed yet. But we will keep the list updated on the latest news. Thanks to the contributor of information and their hard work.
You can also watch the video by u/PhilospherDave to get a clearer idea on everything: