Suppose you are playing a particular game with your friends and suddenly it crashes. It would be quite frustrating, right? Well, many Elden Ring players have been facing similar issues like game crashing, freezing, or the game not working. Elden Ring is available to play on many popular video game platforms and among all of them, Windows is the one, on which, the majority of players are facing such issues. If you are also looking for a solution to this problem, then you are at the absolute correct place. Continue reading to learn how you can fix Elden Ring from crashing and freezing.
Fix: Elden Ring Crashing, Freezing Issue
Not every issue that occurs in a game is caused by in-game problems. The game crash or game freeze issue can occur due to a number of reasons on the player’s end. Here are several workarounds that you can follow to resolve this issue.
- Verify Integrity of Game Files: There is a possibility that Elden Ring is crashing because of some missing or corrupted files. To double-check that each file is present and is in the ideal condition, do Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam. For that, Open Steam >Go to Library> right-click on Elden Ring > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Check Compatibility: If the game is not compatible with the current settings of your PC, it will definitely throw errors and issues. So, it is very important to apply the right compatibility settings for Elden Ring. For that, go to the Game Installation folder (Steam > right-click on Elden Ring > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files). Now, right-click on the “eldenring.exe” application and select Properties. Under the Compatibility tab, make sure to check “Disable full-screen Optimizations” and click on Apply.
- Display Settings: Right-click on the desktop and select Display Settings. Here, make sure that the “Scale” setting is set to 100%. Also, ensure that the “Resolution” is also set according to your monitor’s native resolution.
- End background Programs: Overlaying apps could also cause this issue. Press “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” to open the Task Manager. Now, under the Performance Tab, end all those tasks that could show an overlay over the screen while playing the game. Don’t forget to end the tasks that are not necessary and are consuming resources of your PC intensively.
- Update Graphics Drivers and Windows: Keeping your Graphics Drivers and Windows version up to date will eliminate many small issues and bugs. To update Windows to the latest version, type “Check for Updates” in the Windows Search bar and hit enter. To update your Graphics Drivers to the latest version you must use NVIDIA GeForce Experience or AMD Drivers Suite.
- Enable Image Scaling: To minimize the load on your graphics card, it is recommended to enable Image Scaling from the NVIDIA GeForce Experience application. [NVIDIA GeForce Experience > Settings > General > Image Scaling]
So, this was how you can resolve the crashing and freezing issues of Elden Ring. If you are still facing some issues, make sure to apply the best settings for this game. Share this article with your friends if you found it helpful.