Asus has always tried to create the most powerful phone on the planet with its ROG series of gaming phones. And until now, they have succeeded in doing so. They even asked Qualcomm to overclock their flagship processor. Not only do its phones come with fastest Snapdragon processors and ridiculous amounts of RAM, but they also have every other spec turned to the max.
Asus just launched the ROG Phone 3 and it too is every bit as crazy powerful as you expect it to be. It has a 6.59-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340. The display is HDR10+ certified and has a refresh rate of 144Hz. It comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ processor with up to 16GB of RAM. For storage, it can be configured with up to 512GB of fast UFS 3.1 memory. As expected, according to Geekbench scores, the ROG 3 is the fastest phone on the market. Powering all of this is a massive 6000mAh battery.
The ROG 3 launched with Android 10 out of the box with the Asus Launcher. Once a bloated mess, Asus has cleaned up its launcher. It is close to stock Android but adds a few useful gaming features. Like Asus’s Game Genie app, which gives users a lot of control over their device and gaming experience. During the setup, you can choose between two gamer-y themes or a more minimal look. Later on, you can easily change between themes in Settings.
And looks like Asus is continuing to work on its software and is pushing out a new update to ROG 3 devices. According to a post by an admin on the Asus ZenTalk website, version 17.0823.2007.32 will be mostly focused on fixes. The update will be pushed out in batches, so not every user will get it at the same time. You can read about all the fixes below.
- Fixed Game Genie crash issue if user drag the status bar and turn off ” allow display on other applicaions’ layer” during the game, then retrun to Game
- Fixed Launcher keep crash after using Data transfer
- Fixed the problem of black shadow flashing on the screen when unlocking with the Lock Screen fingerprint
- Fixed issue that when dual-band Wi-Fi is turned on, the main and auxiliary are connected to WIFI, but there is only one Wi-Fi icon showing
- Fixed the refresh rate to be grayed out occasionally and prompt “The screen refresh rate setting is currently occupied by other applications or hardware” issue
- Enabled VoLTE on CTM (Macao)