WWE 2K23 is a popular wrestling game that allows players to immerse themselves in the world of WWE and experience the thrill of being a professional wrestler. However, sometimes players may experience audio issues while playing the game, which can be frustrating and detract from the overall experience. In this guide, we will discuss how you can overcome the audio or sound not working issue in WWE 2K23. So, let’s get right into it.
WWE 2K23 Audio/Sound Not Working Issue
Restart the game
If the audio in the game is not working, then consider restarting the game and your PC. After a fresh restart, the issue should be resolved.
Check Volume Mixer and the Audio Device
By hitting the Windows key, open the Windows Settings. Next, go to the Sound option under the System Settings. Here, make sure the right audio output device was selected. Furthermore, make sure the input and output volume is not too low.
Switch off Spatial Sound
If you have enabled the spatial sound function you might run into Audio Related issues quite often. So, it is recommended to turn it off. To do that,
- Go to “Hardware and Sound” settings in the Control Panel.
- Select “Sound”.
- Choose your Speaker, then use the right-click menu to choose Properties.
- Go to the Spatial Sound tab and turn it off.
Turn off Voicemeeter and Oculus Audio
Using Control Panel:
- Go to the Sound Section of the Control Panel.
- Go to the Playback tab
- If you see Oculus / Voicemeeter listed as a linked audio device, make sure to deactivate it. To do that, simply right-click on it and select “Disable.”
- Now, choose the Recording tab and make sure to also disable Voicemeeter and Oculus from here.
- You can also disable any other devices that you don’t require from both tabs.
Now, you have to disable such devices from the Device Manager:
- Right-click the start menu and choose “Device Manager”
- Expand “Sound, video, and gaming controllers”.
- Now, make sure to disable every device on your System that is not in use one by one. You must also deactivate the Oculus or voicemeeter audio devices in this area. Click on them with the right mouse button and select Disable.
Disable Microphone (External and Internal)
You can temporarily disconnect any external microphones you are using to check whether the problem is fixed. In the event that the problem persists, you can reconnect them. You may also turn off your computer’s built-in microphone from the Sound Control Panel if you are not utilizing an external microphone. To disable the microphone for recording, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Recording > Microphone (right-click) > Disable.
Set the Sound Sample rate to 48k/44k Hz
Setting your primary output device’s Sound Sample rate to 48k Hz can also resolve the Audio Related issues in WWE 2K23.
- Go to Control Panel by typing “Control Panel” into the Windows Search Bar
- Go to Hardware and Sound and then select Sound.
- Here, right-click on your Speaker and select Properties.
- Go to the Advanced Tab and then, from the drop-down box, choose “24-bit, 48000 Hz ” and apply the changes.
- Try to launch the game. However, if the issue persists, you can try the 44k Hz option by going to the same menu again.
Disconnect the Controller
Disconnect your controller if you’re playing this game with one. Restart the game after that, and once the sound is established, then attach the controller back.
Uncheck Handsfree Telephony
Users using Windows 10:
Navigate to Devices and Printers under Hardware and Sound in the Control Panel. Right-click on the speaker or headphones you are now using and choose “Properties” from the menu that appears. Now, deselect “Handsfree Telephony” in the services tab. After applying the changes, attempt to start the game.
Users using Windows 11:
By hitting “Win+R,” launch the Run command, and paste the following command into the box:
The same window where you may find your speaker or headphones will be opened by this command. Next, right-click your device, choose Properties, select the Services tab, and uncheck “Handsfree Telephony.”
Install Audio Drivers
For many players, updating or installing the most recent audio drivers has also cured the sound-related problem. On your PC, go to the Device Manager. The “Device Manager” can be accessed by right-clicking the start menu. Now, expand the “Sound, visual, and game controllers” option and then, make a right-click on your current audio device. Click the “Update Driver” option from the context menu. Now, if the driver is already installed and updated, it will be indicated there. Yet, by clicking on “Search for Audio Driver Updates in Windows Updates”, you can still choose to look for updates. Install any pending Windows Updates before checking to see if the problem has been fixed.
Now, if the issue is not resolved, you can return to the Device manager again and expand the “Sound, visual, and game controllers” option. Again, right-click on your sound device, and select “Update Driver”. But this time, select “Browse my computer for drivers”. Then, select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”. Now, if the default audio device of your PC is “Realtek Audio Device”, select “High-Definition Audio Device” and if the default audio device is “High-Definition Audio Device”, select “Realtek Audio Device”. Wait for the Audio Drivers to get installed and then restart your PC before checking to see if the problem has been fixed.
Verify game Files
Verifying game files can help you resolve the minor bugs and issues that could be occurring due to missing or corrupted game files. To verify the game files, go to Steam > Game Library > WWE 2K23 > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of game files.
This brings us to the end of this guide. It was everything about resolving the WWE 2K23 Audio/Sound Not Working Issue. If you found this guide helpful, share it with your friends.
Related: WWE 2K23: How to increase in-game performance & loading time