Players have complained that they are encountering error messages in different scenarios. Some people have tried to access the gallery items in Sims 4 when the error message “could not locate the item” is displayed. The rest of them are getting an error message “unable to go online”. The latter is displayed even when they are just trying to reach the internet. The following article will help you fix the Sims 4 Gallery not working issue.
The connection issue is mainly because your antivirus is blocking your access to the Sims website. There is a simple fix for this. Just for an example, the steps are mentioned for the Avast antivirus. If you have a different antivirus, the process should be very similar.
Exception list for Antivirus
- Launch the Avast antivirus application.
- Click on Menu from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on the Settings option.
- Under the General tab, open the exceptions page.
- Click on the Add Exception button to open the file selector window.
- Go to the C drive on your PC.
- Open the program files (x86) folder.
- Select the origin folder and then click on OK.
- Also, repeat the same steps to add the Electronic Arts folder to the exception list.
- You will get the EA folder in the “my documents” directory on your PC.
- Close the Antivirus window.
- Search for firewall and network protection in the Windows search bar.
- Click on the Allow an app through the firewall option.
- The Allowed Application window will open.
- Click on the Change Settings button.
- Check all the boxes beside any Sims 4 app that is listed down below.
- Now, click on the Allow another app button located below the list of applications.
- In the file selector window, click on browse.
- Navigate to the Origin folder in your C drive under the Program Files (x86) folder. After selecting the Origin folder, click on Open. This will add it to the Allowed applications list.
- Check both the boxes beside this from the allowed applications list.
- Open the EA folder in the “my documents” directory.
- Go inside The Sims 4 folder.
- Locate the localthumbcache.package file and delete it.
Repair the Game
- Launch the Origin client.
- Navigate to the Game library.
- Right-click on the Sims 4 app and then click on Repair.
- Wait for the process to end.
- Simply launch the game and look for the error.
These are the simple steps that you need to follow to solve the Sims 4 Gallery not working error. You should also read about the tips to increase performance and reduce lag in the Sims 4.