The popular Tekken 7 Jukebox Mod that was stripped away due to an encryption key being lost from the PC game is back. The Jukebox tools allows you to load your gaming playlist or anything you like as existing background music in Tekken 7. The Mod was released in 2017 for the PC and afterwards Redditors worked hard to create custom music packs of preferred music. Now just yesterday, a Reddit post enlightened us that the tool has finally been updated.
The reason for abandoning the Mod was also listed in the post. The file that did all the functions of the Mod was encrypted by Bamco. Without the encryption key the Mod could not be integrated with further updates. Just recently though, Gneiss, a Tekken modding community member was able to find the encryption key. They quickly updated the files and integrated it to the latest version of the game! The Redditor also wants us to be vary of any bugs.
You can download the tool & Default Music pack here and here
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
Instructions of Use for Jukebox
- Download and extract the tool in the file location of your game for ease.
- Generate, import, or make Custom Music pack or load the default one to use with the tool.
- Use the /BGM/ directory to add the music packs.
- Launch the tool once and select your preference music for background for each stage of the game and click on Generate .pak
- The tool will generate a “Jukebox_P.pak” in the same directory it is run from
- Place “Jukebox_P.pak” in your “TEKKEN 7/TekkenGame/Content/Paks/~mods” directory (if it doesn’t already exist, create it)
- Launch the game and enjoy your new music!
Though the tool is set locally, it also works online but it can affect the gameplay so it is not recommended. V1.6.2 update of the tool has killed most of the major issues and bugs in Jukebox. You can use this custom soundtrack tutorial for the tool by its creators.