Stardew Valley is currently not working properly for many players, if you are facing a similar issue, this article is for you. But before we start with our solution, let me give a brief overview of this game, to those who haven’t played it yet.
What is Stardew Valley?
It is an open-world role-playing game. In which your character gets an old farm from his grandfather, some basic tools, and a few coins and you are going to start a new life from here.
You can build your farm, tame animals, and many other things that make this game very interesting to play. It has pixel-based graphics that give it a very classic look and if you haven’t played it yet, you must give it a try.
Coming back to our problem. Here is how you fix the problem.
- Firstly, you have to open your user folder. For that, you need to use the Run command by pressing Ctrl + R and enter the command % USERPROFILE% to quickly open the User folder on the computer.
- After opening the folder, you will see a folder named “AppData”. (If the folder is not visible you have to go to the view option and select the hidden icons option)
- In AppData, you have to open “Roaming“
- In roaming open folder Stardew valley
- In that folder there will be a file named “startup_preference” Just delete that and it will solve the problem
If this fix is not working here is another solution.
- Firstly, right-click on the shortcut of stardew valley and select “open file location”. (This will open the folder in which your game is installed)
- Here you will see a folder named “_redist”, open it.
- In this folder, you will find a setup named “xnafx40_redist.msi” install this and this will solve the problem.
So, this is it for the fixes if you want to watch a detailed video on this, you can click here.
If you want to know how to play this game in multiplayer mode, this will help you.
And that’s it for this article. I hope this will help you in solving your problem and if you have any doubt feel free to ask us.
As we are always happy to help