After much anticipation, Star Wars Jedi Survivor has finally been released but not without hiccups. If you have been playing the game, you might have encountered the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000 error. This error can occur during gameplay and is frustrating to deal with. The error message indicates that the game is trying to access a memory location that does not exist, causing the game to crash. Many players have reported experiencing this error and if you are one of those troubled players, then this is just the article for you.
This error may happen for various reasons. It could be due to corrupted game files, outdated drivers, or other system-related issues. Whatever the cause may be, in this guide, we will see if there is any fix available for it yet. We will also provide step-by-step instructions on how to implement some potential fixes, so you can quickly get back to playing your favorite game without any crashes or errors.
Star Wars Jedi Survivor EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000 Error: Is there any fix yet
As of writing this article, there is no official fix yet for the Star Wars Jedi Survivor EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address Error and the devs have not acknowledged it either. However, based on numerous reports from other players encountering the same issue, it appears to be a driver-related problem. Some players have managed to resolve the issue with various potential fixes. It is important to note that these are not guaranteed to work for everyone, but they are worth trying to see if they can solve the problem. To save you time and effort, we have scoured the internet for these fixes, so keep reading to see what you can try.
Update your drivers
One of the potential fixes to this issue is updating your GPU drivers. This is because outdated or corrupt drivers can cause conflicts and errors in the game. While there are a lot of drivers installed on your system, the prime focus should be on your GPU drivers. Make sure they are up to date. Follow the steps outlined below to update your graphic drivers.
- Go to your GPU manufacturer’s website, either Nvidia or AMD and search for the latest driver for your specific graphics card.
- Download the driver and run the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. You can also use the GPU’s support software to download/install the latest drivers.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer.
- Launch the game again and see if the error persists.
Check System Requirements
Keep in mind that this new Star Wars title is hardware intensive and requires a decent enough system to run. Therefore, make sure that your system meets the minimum system requirements of the game. And if you do not own a monster gaming rig, then it is recommended to lower the video settings for a much smoother experience.
Run as Administrator
Another simple thing that you can try is to run the game with Administrator privileges. Running the game as an administrator can sometimes help fix issues related to permissions, access to system resources, or conflicts with other software. To do the same, follow the steps given below.
- Head to the game’s installation directory, and find its .exe file.
- Now, right-click on it, and select “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Compatibility” tab.
- Check the box that says “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
- Restart your computer and launch the game again.
Verify game files
Sometimes, due to various reasons, the game file may get corrupted which may lead to crashes and errors in the game. The Verify Integrity of Game Files option in Steam can help fix issues related to game files as this process will check all the game files and replace any missing or corrupt files with fresh copies. Here are the steps to do so-
- Open your Steam client and go to your Library.
- Right-click on Star Wars Jedi Survivor and select Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for the process to complete. This may take a few minutes depending on your system and internet speed.
- Once the process is complete, launch the game and see if the issue has been resolved.
Reinstall the game
As a last resort, if none of the above fixes works, a complete reinstallation of the game may be necessary. This may be a time-consuming process, but it may help you solve the issue. Before reinstalling, be sure to completely uninstall the game and delete any remaining game files. Once the game is reinstalled, update all drivers and verify the game files before launching it again.
In conclusion, while we await an official fix from the game developers, players can try out these potential fixes to resolve this annoying “EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION” error in Star Wars Jedi Survivor. The game has had a lot of anticipation from fans, but unfortunately, players are facing various issues upon its release. We can only hope that the developers are listening to the players’ grievances and will address them in the future. As negative reviews continue to pile up, the developers will surely have to take action soon.
To keep you informed and updated, we at Digistatement will be looking into the situation and providing our readers with the latest information as soon as it becomes available. So, be sure to follow us to stay updated on all the important developments related to Star Wars Jedi Survivor and other gaming-related topics. And while you are here, click on this link to know if Star Wars Jedi Survivor is available on GeForce Now.