In Sons of the Forest, the forest is not just a backdrop – it’s a living, breathing entity that plays a vital role in the game’s narrative and gameplay. Players must explore its depths, unravel its secrets, and survive its many dangers. They will come across some key allies in the game and one of the most important ones is Kelvin, your only friend on the hostile island. He may not hear you, but he sure does make life easier for you on this mysterious island. But what if you accidentally or mischievously end up killing him? How can you bring him back to life? Well, in this article, we will cover just that.
Kelvin has already become a fan-favorite character in the game. He survived the crash along with the main character and is his only companion. The crash left him unable to speak and hear, yet the player can write commands for him to follow. He makes the mundane jobs in the game easier allowing players to focus on other mysteries of the island. So if you got him killed, keep reading to learn how to revive him.
Sons of the Forest: How to Revive/Respawn Kelvin?
Coming straight to the point, you will need to make some changes in a particular game file. You will need a text editor app like Notepad installed on your system. Now all of that sounds too overwhelming do not panic, we have outlined the steps to make the necessary edits in a specific game file to revive Kelvin.
- Firstly, access your app data folder by clicking on “Run” and typing “%appdata%”.
- Next, navigate to “LocalLow,” “Endnight,” “Sonsoftheforest,” and “saves”.
- Double-click on the ID of your game, either “Multiplayer” or “Singleplayer,” depending on your game mode.
- Locate the “GameStateSaveData.json” file and open it with your text editor.
- Then, search for IsRobbyDead with CTRL+F and change its value from IsRobbyDead”:true to IsRobbyDead”:false.
- After saving the file and exiting the editor, launch the game. This will revive Kelvin.
However, he will still be hostile and afraid of you. To be able to interact with him again and have him do your chores, you need to make some changes in another .json file. Follow the steps given below to do the same.
- Find the “SaveData.json” file in the same folder as the “GameStateSaveData.json” file and open it with your text editor.
- Use the CTRL+F function to search for TypeID\”:9, and there, look for the State/”:6″ line.
- Change the “6” to a “2” and continue scrolling through the file until you see the stats for “Anger” and “Fear”. Change the values of those two stats to “0.0.”
- You can also increase the values of the “Fullness” and “Health” parameters to “100.0.”
- Save the file and exit the editor.
Now, launch the game and Kelvin should be back in action, ready to help you survive on the Island. That brings us to the end of this tutorial, and if you found it helpful, make sure to follow Digistatement for gaming-related content.
Sons of the Forest: Can you befriend Virginia again?