Snapchat is a messaging app developed by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown. The Snapchat app has transitioned from being a personal messaging app to more of a social media platform. On Snapchat, users can send images or videos through’ snaps’ or upload them to their ‘Stories’. These stories can be seen only by the people whom you have added as friends but for only 24 hours. The app also has a Discover section on which people advertise their brands, influencers post their daily life. etc.
Snapchat has seen a tremndous growth from 25 images being sent every second in 2012 to over 4 billion snaps sent each day as of March 2020. The app is primarily used for sending texts, videos and images. These images and videos are referred to as ‘Snaps’. Snaps can contain a photo or a short video which can be edited with filters, text captions, drawings. etc. The ability to send a video as a Snap was added in December 2012. Later, the limit of 10 seconds on video was increased to 60 seconds. Around the same time, the ability to talk through video calls was also added on Snapchat.
Users can upload these ‘Snaps’ to their ‘Stories’ which can be seen by anyone in the world if they upload on ‘Our Story’ or only by pre-approved people if the snaps are uploaded to ‘My Story’. While using the app, some users are facing issues. They are unable to see someone’s story. This can be fixed by some basic solutions.
Follow the tips below to solve this issue –
1. First of all, make sure that your Snapchat app is updated to the latest version. If not, update it. Also try re-installing the app.
2. On Android phones, go into the App Management settings of your phone and select Snapchat. Clear the app’s cache.
3. Make sure that your internet connection is working. If you are using mobile data, try connecting to a Wi-Fi.
4. Try restarting your phone if all the above steps do not work.
5. As a last resort, if all of these solutions do not work, clear all of your conversations from the Settings section of the Snapchat App.
If the issue still persists, try contacting Snapchat’s Help Center for further assistance.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.