After a lot of rumors and speculations, one of the most liked PC and console games, Rocket League has finally been released for mobile players, and it has been named Rocket League Sideswipe.
Psyonix, a game developing company originally owned by Epic Games, has finally made it happen and all the mobile gamers are nothing less than elated. It is finally possible that we can enjoy the intensity of the game on mobile devices. The game is completely the same with some notable changes.
But, the game came with a lot of bugs and glitches just like any regular game that is released. To solve the issues, the devs released an update patch that fixed quite a lot of the reported issues.
But there are a lot of iPhone or iOS users who are still facing certain issues with the game launching and working on their devices. If you are one of them, here are some fixes and workarounds that you can use –
UPDATE THE GAME ROCKET LEAGUE SIDESWIPE
This may be a silly solution, but a lot of the players who are having the issues have not yet updated the game. The developers Psyonix released the 1.0.3 update to fix the issues, but if you do not update the game, you might not be able to solve them. So the first thing that you have to do is to check if you have updated the game to the most recent version. If you have not, here are the detailed steps to do so –
- Open the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
- Once you have done that, tap on the profile picture icon from the top-right corner.
- From the options available, scroll down a bit to find the game. Then you have to check if the game has any updates available or not.
- If there are updates available, it means that you have not updated to patch 1.0.3. Simply click on the Update button and wait for the game to be installed.
- Once the update and installation are complete, open the game and check if the problems persist.
FORCE STOP AND RE-OPEN THE GAME
This is one of the most effective solutions to fix the game Rocket League Sideswipe not starting or working on your iOS devices. You can try force-stopping the game and then reopening it. If you have not tried it yet, follow the below steps to do it –
- Go to the Settings app on your iOS device and open it. Once you are in there, go to Apps and Notifications and click on it.
- Next, tap on See All Apps and then go to the Rocket League Sideswipe game under the App Info section.
- Once you have found the game, click on it to open the app info page.
- On the app info page, tap on Force Stop. If you get any prompt, just click on Yes or Ok and confirm.
- Once you have done that, start the game and check if the issues are solved.
SET THE QUALITY PRESETS TO LOW
This is one of the most effective workarounds to fix the issue of the game Rocket League Sideswipe not starting on Android devices. The developers Psyonix have officially responded to this issue and have asked the players to follow this particular workaround until a proper fix is deployed. The simple solution is that you have to set the quality pre-sets to low in the in-game menu. Here is what you have to do –
- Launch the game Rocket League Sideswipe. Once you have done that, go to the in-game settings by clicking on the icon in the bottom right.
- In the settings menu, click on the Graphics option and go to Quality Pre-sets.
- Once you are there, set the quality pre-sets to low and launch the game again. This will hopefully do the job.
REINSTALL THE GAME
This is the final thing that you can do to solve the game not working issue. You simply have to uninstall and reinstall the game. Follow these simple steps to do it –
- Tap and hold the Rocket League Sideswipe icon from the home screen on your iPhone.
- Now, select Remove App from the pop-up menu, and tap on Delete App.
- The system will again ask you whether to delete the app or not, just confirm on the Delete button to uninstall it.
- Next, open the Apple App Store application on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Search icon and type Rocket League Sideswipe then search for it. On the app, tap on the Get button or simply tap on the cloud download icon.
- Wait for it to install completely and launch the game to check for the crashing issue.
Hopefully, these workarounds can help you solve the game not working issue on your iOS devices. Follow Digi Statement for more guides like these.