Horror cum action games are often overlooked in the gaming community. But some games have proved that this genre can be interesting too. Games such as Dead by Daylight and Resident Evil franchises have created a buzz in the gaming society for quite a while. Meanwhile, several mods have also surfaced for Resident Evil that is interesting to play with. In this article, we are going to discuss the WMVideo decoder error which is bugging the gaming society.
Resident Evil Village is a Japanese horror game created by Capcom. This game is said to be based on the film Resident Evil. The fix for this issue is quite easy and needs some simple steps to implement. This error occurs in Windows 10 or its modified version.
Fix WMVideo decoder error
- Open the Steam client and select the game file.
- Right-click on it and then click on manage.
- From the options, click on browse your local files.
- Inside the folder of the game directory, you will find a file named installermessage.exe
- Click on the file and a prompt will open.
- Tick the checkbox and click exit.
Fix 2 : Fixation of Codec Issue
- On the search bar of Windows, type Apps and features and then open the window.
- Under the Apps and features tab, click on the optional features option.
- Now click on add feature and type in windows media player.
- If you don’t have a media feature pack for windows 10 version N, then you should download it from their official website.
- After downloading and installing it, add the feature in the optional features.
Fix 3 : Getting 3rd Party Codec Pack
- The last method is to download a 3rd party codec pack and use it.
If you are still getting the same error, then fire up your steam. Right-click on the game and click on properties. In your local files tab, click on check integrity of your game files and click OK. This will repair any damaged files of Resident Evil Village.
These are some of the best fixes that are available for this error. If you believe that you need a visual aid for guidance, you should watch the YouTube video of TroubleChute.