For once, Capcom is paying the price for several leaks before the release of its next major title, Resident Evil Village. Release Date, information on DLC and other games in preparation are on the program.
Definitely, Capcom seems to suffer a curse on its next Resident Evil. After several leaks retailers of the universe and the bestiary which have proven to be correct, it is now the turn of its release date and some new elements to be detailed before any formalization from the Japanese studio.
This information follows Capcom’s confirmation in early November that an intrusion into their system by a hacker had taken place, which gives them some credibility.
All Leaked Information on Resident Evil Village
- Resident Evil Village release date is scheduled for late April 2021
- A 3-week demo is expected on PS4 and PS5
- Information will be revealed every week on the village and the castle 3 weeks before the outing
- Pre-orders will start in January 2021
- Several editions will be available, normal, digital deluxe, collector’s and on the Capcom store
- The Collector’s Edition would look like the RE2 Remake and RE3 Remake editions, in a chest with a statuette that appears to be Chris Redfield’s and will cost $220
- In the long term, Capcom plans to sell 10 million copies of its Resident Evil Village
- A DLC called “Ethan’s Trauma Pack”, currently slated to sell for $ 25 is in the works
In addition to this information, a multiplayer game called Project Highway – Village Online is also reportedly in the pipeline. This title would be a Battle Royale but it is not yet known if it will be included with RE VIII. The icing on the cake, it seems that the rumors concerning the remake of Resident Evil 4 are confirmed but in a rather unexpected form since it would be Resident Evil 4 VR.
Finally, the source codes for the moderately popular Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Devil May Cry 2 are part of this massive leak.
True leaks or false rumors, only time and Capcom will confirm all this information.