Redfall, the highly anticipated first-person shooter game, has finally been released to the excitement of gamers everywhere. Developed by Arkane Studios Austin and published by Bethesda Softworks, the game has already garnered widespread acclaim for its immersive gameplay and stunning graphics. However, some players have reported experiencing issues with low FPS drops and stutters during gameplay, which can greatly affect the overall performance of the game. If you are facing the same issue, then you might have thought about capping your in-game FPS to reduce the lags. But, to your surprise, you can’t find the option. Well, the game doesn’t feature such an option, so you will have to do it via your GPU’s support software. To know how, consider reading this guide till the end.
FPS, or frames per second, is a crucial factor in determining the quality of your gaming experience. However, FPS drops can occur when the number of frames being displayed drops significantly during intense moments of gameplay, causing a jarring and laggy experience. The primary cause of FPS drops in games is often related to inadequate hardware. If your PC doesn’t meet the game’s minimum requirements, it will not be able to run the game smoothly and thus cause FPS drops. Similarly, if you’re playing on a laptop or gaming device that lacks a dedicated graphics card, your game’s performance may suffer, leading to choppy and frustrating gameplay. The same issue of FPS drops is being faced by players in Redfall. So if you are among them, capping the FPS to a steady value of 30 or 60 might fix the stutters, thereby giving you constant frames.
Redfall: How to Cap in-game FPS on PC
Redfall gamers may be surprised to find out that there is no built-in option to limit FPS through the game’s settings. However, this doesn’t prevent you from manually setting your FPS cap to the desired level. To do this, go to NVIDIA’s Control Panel or AMD Centre and adjust the required settings. Well, we’ve put up instructions that cover all of the steps you’ll need to take to cap your FPS in Redfall. Simply follow the instructions.
Using NVIDIA’s Control panel
- Type NVIDIA Control Panel into the Windows search box.
- Select the 3D Settings tab.
- Select the Manage 3D Settings option.
- Navigate to the Program Settings tab and click on the Select a Program to Customize option.
- A new window will be opened. Navigate to the executable file of Redfall.
- Locate the “Specify the settings for this program” option.
- Next, turn on the Max Frame Rate option and select your desired FPS.
- Finally, click OK and then Apply.
Using AMD Radeon Software
- Open AMD Radeon Software by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting “AMD Radeon Software” from the menu.
- Click on the “Gaming” tab in the top menu bar and select “Games.”
- Select Redfall from the list of games.
- Scroll down to the “Graphics” section and click on “Frame Rate Target Control.”
- Enable the Frame Rate Target Control by switching the toggle button to “On.”
- Enter the desired FPS limit in the box next to “Target FPS.”
- Click on “Save” to apply the changes.
After following the steps mentioned to cap the FPS of Redfall using either the NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Radeon Software, your gameplay experience will be smoother without any unnecessary lag or stuttering. You also have the option to change the Global Settings, which will cap the FPS of all the video games that you play, ensuring consistent performance across all your games. Anyways, we hope that you found this information helpful, and for more gaming tips and tricks, stay tuned to DigiStatement.
Related: Can you play Redfall without an internet connection