The Realme X50m 5G was launched on 23rd April 2020. This phone sports a 6.57 inches IPS LCD with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It also boasts a 120Hz refresh rate. It packs in the Snapdragon 765G which is more than capable of running Realme UI based on Android 10 smoothly. The 765G has an integrated 5G modem making the phone 5G ready. It comes with up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of UFS of 2.1 storage. Powering all of this is a large 4200Mah cell which can be fast-charged using Realme’s proprietary fast charging solution.
Compared to this, the Realme X50 Pro 5G offers some decent upgrades. The processor gets bumped up to the Snapdragon 865. It gets a Super AMOLED display but the refresh rate is pulled back to 90Hz. It has nearly the same screen size at 6.44 inches. The battery capacity stays the same but it does get the faster UFS 3.0 storage. Overall, we can see that the Realme X50m 5G manages to provide most of the necessary features at a lower price.
The Realme team has begun pushing out a surprise new update to the Realme X50m 5G with the July 2020 security patch. It is expected to be pushed to all devices within a week. The latest update of RMX2141_11_A.08 also brings in a ton of optimisations. It adds optimisations to the Music App. It brings in improvement to Bluetooth, so that when flight mode is turned on it does not affect the Bluetooth status. Frequent flyers would have appreciated this new feature. It brings in numerous fixes for the camera app. Flickering issue with the slow motion interface screen has also been fixed in the latest update. Also, Black screen will not appear anymore while trying to view photos in HDR. The latest patch also includes fixes for the Floating Ball.
● Added the newly used music App function by pressing the play button after connecting the wired headset
● Optimize the flight mode, do not affect the Bluetooth status after turning on
● Optimize the time display in the status bar
● Fix the problem that the sharing pop-up window does not disappear with low probability when switching to dark mode in the recent view interface
Mobile phone moving
● Fix the low probability of stuck problem during data transmission
● Fix the low-probability flickering problem of the camera slow motion preview interface
● Fix the problem of low probability of flashing black screen when taking photos and previewing in HDR mode with front camera
● Fix the low probability of non-recycling problem after clicking the menu
● Fix the low-probability crash issue after clicking Settings
● Update Android security patch (2020#7)
The latest security should make the phone more secure and the included fixes should help its users have an even more enjoyable phone experience.