A new feature has rolled out for Pokemon Go & it is called Buddy Adventure. With this new feature, your buddy will be able to walk alongside you on the map. The new Buddy adventure feature is now available for everyone.
Well, Buddy Adventure features various levels which includes the following: Good Buddy, Great Buddy, Ultra Buddy, Best Buddy. As you and your buddy get closer and your Buddy Level increases, you’ll get to unlock exciting new Perks together. Mentioned below are all the buddy levels along with perks.
Great Buddy: Having a hard time catching a Pokémon? Your buddy may help you out in Pokémon encounters! It can also bring you items that can help you in your Pokémon GO journey.
Ultra Buddy: Your buddy will help you explore the world around you by letting you know about interesting places nearby! Your buddy will also bring you Souvenirs, which you can keep track of on the buddy profile page.
Best Buddy: Become Best Buddies, and your buddy will sport a Best Buddy Ribbon to show off to everyone just how close you two are! Pokémon that you’re Best Buddies with can get a CP boost in combat as long as they’re still assigned as your Buddy Pokémon.
Players can become better friends with your buddy by earning affection. Affection is measured by hearts, and you can earn hearts with your buddy by exploring with your buddy on the map, battling with your buddy, playing with and feeding your buddy, and taking snapshots of your buddy. The more affection you earn, the better your buddy’s mood will be!
When you reach the highest mood (excited), you can unlock the following Perks:
- The distance it takes for your buddy to find Candy will be cut in half.
- The number of hearts earned per action will double.
- Trainers can earn bonus hearts!
- Buddy follows you when you a berry ready to go
- You can change your buddy 20 times a day
- Levels 41-45 have less CP gain per level than the levels 31-40. In short: buddy level boost over 40 matters less than you think it does.
- Each segment of your buddies hunger lasts for 30 minutes (3 hours from completely full)
- New “Show Pokémon Ribbon” option in Settings
- Depending on the size, it will either be behind your player, next to it, or even on the player’s shoulder.
|Buddy Happiness Level||Point Required|
|Level 1||1 Point|
|Level 2||2 Points|
|Level 3||4 Points|
|Level 4||8 Points|
|Level 5||16 Points|
|Level 6||32 Points|
|Level||Affection Points Needed||Effect|
|Good Buddy||1||You buddy appears on the overworld map|
|Great Buddy||71||Sometimes will appear in Wild Encounters|
May find items
|Ultra Buddy||221||Will sometimes let you know about interesting areas nearby|
May find Souvenirs
|Best Buddy||521||Gains Best Buddy Ribbon|
CP Boost while assigned as Buddy Pokémon
Items Time Out for Walking with Buddy
|3 Razz, Pinap or Nanab Berry||3 Hours|
|2 Golden Razz or Silver Pinap Berry||3 Hours|
|1 Poffin||6 Hours|