If you are fond of PlayStation games, & miss playing them, we have good news for you, as a new version of PCSX2 has been released. The latest version of the PlayStation emulator is coming along with version number 1.6.0.
The PCSX2 dev team has took the route of Twitter to confirm the release of the new emulator. The latest update has brought many quality of life improvements to the game. The rendering aspect had been significantly improved in the latest version of the PCSX2.
PCSX2 update took a total build time of four years. Players can download the latest version as a Windows Installer & Binary File. Devs have thanked the players for supporting them & have also shared the complete change log, which you can read below.
PCSX2 1.6.0 update changelog
- GSdx-HW: Improve search/invalidate texture in render target by correctly matching vertex offsetted draws with buffer offsetted reads in the texture cache.
- GSdx-HW: Implemented Software Sprite Renderer feature which allows to CPU emulate (SSE accelerated) certain sprite draws directly from the HW renderer.
- GSdx-HW: Added a dedicated fix for Big Mutha Truckers which allows to render the shadows properly. This also allowed us to reduce the crc hack level so there are less effects skipped.
- GSdx-HW: Sprite Hack has been completely removed as it is no longer needed and is replaced by far better alternatives.
- GSdx-FX: The TFX shader on Direct3D10/11 has been rewritten to match OpenGL code and its’ accuracy for certain effects.
- GSdx-D3D: Blend no Barrier support has been ported from OpenGL to Direct3D 10/11.
- GSdx-GUI: Hardware hacks GUI has been updated for better usability.
- Fixed the noise generator outputting 4.8 kHz tone instead of white noise.
- PCSX2 now ignores non-existent disc sector reads.
- PCSX2: Prevent the UI from hanging/locking up when a game boots.
- PCSX2-tas: TAS Recording functionality has been disabled for 1.6 release as there are some issues to work out (such as hanging/locking up the emulator).
- PCSX2: DI execution is delayed by one instruction.
- PCSX2: Reverted back to older VRender/VBlank timings.
- PCSX2: Partially fixed IPU pack command.
- PCSX2: Fixed the emulator hanging when pressing F4 too fast when toggling the Frame Limiter in some occasions.
- PCSX2: Fixed the emulator hanging when pressing F9 to toggle rendering between Hardware and Software in some occasions.
- PCSX2: Fixed the emulator hanging when pressing F9 to toggle rendering between Hardware and Software mode too fast.
- PCSX2: First Time Wizard now properly selects the correct GSdx plugin based on the highest instruction set supported by the CPU.
- PCSX2: Improved pointer patch command handling.
PCSX2 GUI changelog:
- PCSX2: DPI scaling has been improved.
- PCSX2: Translations have been updated for the release of 1.6.
- GameDB: True Crime: Streets of L.A. (patched).
- GameDB: The database has been once again updated with the inclusion of many games with required gamefixes, as well as removal of gamefixes which are no longer needed.
You can download the emulator by heading here.