Note; New details about Android 10 update for Oppo K5 are added at the bottom.
Original Post(Feb 15): Chinese OEM Oppomanufactures some of the most amazing and value for money devices in the smartphone industry. Along with some really amazing flagships, Oppo also offers a lot of mid-range and budget centric devices as well. Oppo phones offer a very good amount of value for money along with very powerful specs and come with beautiful design. Indian users love using Oppo smartphones and that’s the reason Oppo devices are extremely famous in India. The Oppo K5 is one such example of a great smartphone. The Oppo K5 was launched back in October 2019.
The Oppo K5 features a beautiful 6.4 inch 1080p Super AMOLED Screen. The device houses the powerful Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G chipset and comes in several variants with up to 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage. The device currently runs on Android 9 Pie with ColorsOS 6.1on top.
Talking about the camera, the device has got a quad-camera setup at the back with a 64 MP sensor being the primary camera, an 8 MP sensor for capturing some ultrawide shots and two sensors of 2 MP each with on of them being for depth sensing. On the front, it has got a 32 MP camera for taking some beautiful selfies.
The device is fueled by a huge 4000 mAh battery with support for 30W VOOC 4.0 Fast Charging which can power up the battery to a whopping 67% in a tiny fraction of just 30 mins. The smartphone comes with all the major sensors and sports an In-Display fingerprint scanner. The device also features a Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
Oppo K5 Specifications :
6.4 inches Super AMOLED Screen with 84.7% screen-to-body ratio
The Oppo K5 has been missing out on the latest ColorOS 7 based on Android 10. Oppo K5 users have been asking the possible dates for the update.
Brace yourselves up if you own an Oppo K5 because today we bring with us the most anticipated news for all you guys out there. Well, users have been recently speculating a lot about the Android 10 update for their devices. So for all the Oppo K5 users, here is the update:
Oppo has officially announced that the Oppo K5 will be receiving the ColorOS 7 update based on Android 10 in Q1 2020. Since it’s already been mid of February the update may arrive anytime soon. The latest update as of now is the ColorOS 6 based on Android Pie.
Anyways, Oppo K5 users might have to wait till April to get the Android 10 Update.
Stay tuned for more updates on further developments on the Oppo K5 Android 10 update. Share this article to all those who have been waiting for the update.
UPDATE: Feb 21
OPPO K5 users have been waiting for a long time,
The long-awaited limited preview of ColorOS 7 For OPPO K5 has officially opened!
This trial upgrade is limited to 2,000 people. Because the quality of the trial version needs to be continuously optimized, so there is less open trial at present. Please understand.
Under the premise of ensuring the quality of the version, we will speed up the adaptation speed and increase the experience continuously to optimize the experience to bring you better and better ColorOS 7.
Changes and new features you can accept on your Oppo K5 after getting the Android 10 update based on ColorOS 7:
– New borderless design upgrades, more stunning visuals, more efficient operations, and a more natural experience
– Added OPPO Sans default font, overall simple and elegant, full of technological beauty
– Added Breeno instructions, allowing you to complete daily tasks faster with fewer steps, and create personalized shortcut instructions
– Added Breeno voice and photo search function, can perform voice search according to photo time, place, person, etc.
– Added Breeno voice, camera wake-up, and can switch camera mode by voice
– Added Breeno voice, open and close dark mode, query step count, open Breeno screen and other voice commands
– Added Breeno suggestion, low battery reminder, automatic detection of nearby power bank merchants when low battery
– Added Breeno sleep mode, enter dark mode at night, and turn on DND
– Added Breeno screen, meeting schedule information identification, you can add a schedule with one click
– Optimized Breeno scan, independent scanning and identification, easy to evoke
– Added Breeno driving, which can quickly open the phone, music, WeChat and a recently used application
– Added Breeno quick tour, news information module
– Optimize visual interaction and enhance one-handed operating experience
– Optimize the smart sidebar, replace the file table with file management, and remove the Breeno voice, ultra-clear visual effects, and notification not to disturb three shortcut tools
– Add notes shortcut tool
– Added support for drag and drop applications to achieve fast split screen
– Added “buoy transparency” and “buoy full screen hidden” settings
– Optimize the floating window mode adaptation range, more applications support floating window opening
– Added floating window bubble function to support fast expansion / collapse of floating window
– Optimized three-finger screen capture, you can press and slide with three fingers to select the screen capture area; long press and slide down to drag the screen to quickly take a screenshot
– Added screenshot settings, which can adjust the position of the preview floating window, set the prompt sound, etc.
– Optimize screenshots to preview floating windows, pull down to share, and pull up floating windows for long screenshots
“Navigation Gesture 3.0”
– Added swipe in from the sides of the screen and pause to switch to the previous app
– Optimize all gestures to support landscape scenes
– Added flashback button, support desktop display of important information of navigation, taxi, game, one-click to quickly return to the application
– Added dark mode, saving power and protecting eyes
– Added focus mode to help block outside interruptions while working or studying
– Added new charging animation style
– Optimize the control center interaction, making the one-handed operation experience more friendly
– Added screen recording pause function
– Added screen recording floating window and recording settings
– Added 360 cleaning engine
– New global themes, themes add more playability
– Added global delete sound effects, calculator key sounds, compass pointing sound feedback
– Optimize built-in ringtone resources
– Added accessibility TalkBack hover tips
– Added accessibility color mode to improve the user experience of visually impaired users
– Added the latest task management page, including the latest task display memory information switch and application lock management
– Optimize visual interaction in game space
– Optimize game space to start animation
– Optimize game assistant interaction and callout methods, add gamepad connection entrance
– Added new interactive live wallpaper
– Added Art + Static Wallpaper
– Added desktop sliding settings, which can be customized to open the global search or notification center
– Add desktop icon customization, you can customize icon size, shape, style
– Optimize the unlocking process, you can switch the unlocking mode by swiping up
– Optimize password unlocking vision, more convenient for one-handed unlocking
– Added lock screen support for live wallpapers
– Optimize the screen clock style, more personality choices
– Added desktop simple mode, larger font icon, more concise and clear
– Add password function, auto-fill password, realize one-click login
– Added the remote guard application usage time, you can view the use of the mobile phone in the past 7 days
– Added remote guard deactivation period, you can set the deactivation period of the bound mobile phone
– Added a time limit for the remote guard application. You can set the duration of the mobile phone application to limit the number of games.
– Add remote guard one-click navigation, one-click navigation to the location of the bound mobile phone
– Added SOS emergency contact smart customer service for help. When the emergency contact does not answer the call, the intelligent customer service will help continue to call the emergency contact
– Add a random MAC address to connect to WiFi, block targeted advertising, protect privacy, and make information more secure
– Added status bar icon prompts when using sensitive permissions, you can view the details of the specific invoked application to prevent personal privacy from leaking
– Added permission usage records, you can view the history of application call permissions
– Add note grid pattern
– Added note background setting, providing 6 colors and 4 skin backgrounds
– Added note time reminder function, can set reminder time for reminder
– Added the function of deleting and retrieving notes, deleted notes will be kept in the recently deleted folder for 30 days
– Added calculator small window mode, support quick start through control center and smart sidebar
– Add recording trimming function, which can trim existing recordings and get important clips
– Added calendar support to customize the recurrence period of the schedule
– Add alarm clock dynamic weather ringtone to match different ringtones according to the weather of the day
– Added weather animation effects, showing different motion effects according to different weather
– New file management, add OPPO cloud disk entry, access OPPO cloud content
– Optimize camera interaction and improve operation experience
– Optimize camera countdown interaction and prompt sound
– Optimize the album and album interaction, the level is clearer, and the picture is more convenient
– Added album recommendation, support more than 80 types of scene recognition
– Added OPPO mutual transmission support to communicate with vivo and Xiaomi devices
– Optimize phonebook vision, bring more concise and efficient experience
– Add new phone number shortcut settings page, one-click to create new contacts, add tags or blacklist
– Add new inactive periods, customize inactive periods, and effectively manage phone usage time
– Added time limit for new applications, you can set the duration of application use, limit the number of games in some games, and prevent apps and games from being addicted
– Optimized search function, support fuzzy search and search record display
– Added Soloop Instant Recording to better understand your video intelligent creation tools
– Add health, monitor sports health data, and provide health services
UPDATE: April 30
More recruitment for testing the update for Oppo K5 beings. Below are official words;
Hello K5 users,
ColorOS 7 For K5 limited early adopters increase the amount!
Recruitment channel opening time: April 29
Number of early adopters: 10,000 people
Early adopters: OPPO K5 (PCNM00)
Since the quality of the early adopter version needs to be continuously optimized, please proceed in a gradual way, please understand.
The early adopter version focuses on functional verification testing. The version may have stability problems. Please read the following upgrade instructions before upgrading and upgrade carefully.
More details can be found on the official website here.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.