A new system update to version 10.0.0 of the Nintendo Switch was released yesterday, adding new features to the console, such as “button remapping” and new avatars. This feature allows the program to be customized according to the user’s needs, by remapping the JoyCon keys and buttons on the Switch Lite; up to five configurations can be registered. In addition, the ability to transfer software data and content between system memory and SD card has been added. Finally, six new avatars and correction of minor bugs.
The update has been officially released, titled “update version 10.0.0“.
Let’s see specifically.
Update Ver. 10.0.0 (released April 13, 2020)
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favourite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings> Controllers and Sensors
– Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
– Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
– This feature is not available for other controllers.
– On each system, up to five favourite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favourites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
The options for “Display play activity to:” and “Delete Play Activity” have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.