Founded on September 15, 2015 , NewPipe is an open source media application which is also well known as unofficial YouTube client and can be used as an alternative to YouTube. The App comes with amazing features like download audios and videos, sound cloud support, YouTube live streaming, Peertube support, Basic Android TV support and many more.
According to the latest post on the NewPipe official blog, new version of PipeLine v 0.20.3 has been released earlier today with some major improvements and optimizations. YouTube video load speed and two-finger swipe down gesture are the two major features of the new release. The official claims that the app loads YouTube videos much faster. It is because the YouTube has removed obfuscation from a number of URLs and here we can directly access them making the playback speed faster.
The release manager Stypox has shared all the important information regarding the new release in the official blog. Let us see few important ones.
- A unified enqueueing feature has been added replacing all the different enqueueing options.
- To close the embedded player, firstly you need to swipe down to the mini player and then swipe it again to close making it two-way process. The new release has made the process one -step by introducing “Two-finger swipe down” feature.
- A new feature to clear the reCAPTCHA has been added to preserve the privacy of users across NewPipe sessions.
- Users of Android 8 and above will now see static colour notification instead of colorised notification while playing streams.
- Support for YouTube Shorts URLs has been added.
- Shortened the channel links like “youtube.com/username”.
- The extra cruft on redirect URLs has been removed. Users can now open link in google with ease.
We are going to share you the Apk file of the latest version down below.
To download: – Click here
To know more in detail about the new release, you can check the official blog posted by PipeLine. If you have not updated the app yet then we recommend to update it soon to enjoy the new features. You can also download it from the PipeLine’s official git repository by clicking Here.