New World has been released for PC through the Steam launcher on September 28, 2021, and is available to purchase with a price tag of $39.99. There has never been a game that is more enjoyable alone, unless of course, it is a solo game, but massively multiplayer online role-playing games are notorious for being a headache to play alone and more enjoyable to play with multiple friends, who you either know in real life or have met online through the game itself. Every MMORPG has the feature to add friends in-game so you can play with them and even message them directly without any issues, New World also has this feature and many players were wondering how they can add friends. We have created a short and comprehensive guide on how you can add friends in New World.
To begin with, you will have to create an account and character on a server, once done you’ll be able to add friends onto that account, follow the guide below.
- Open New World and join a server where you have created your character and are adventuring Aeternum
- Press escape to toggle the UI through which you can check the map, company, journal and store
- On the right side of the screen, there will be a taskbar with a friends icon
- Click on the friend’s icon and it will open a drop-down popup with a search bar and various tabs stating “Group Invites”, “Friend Invites”, “Company Invites”, “Event Invites”
- Search the name of the account you wish to befriend
- Once you’ve found the account, drag your cursor over the name and a popup will appear with various options such as “direct message”, “add friend”, “invite to group”
- You have to click on add friend to send them a friend request
Once the recipient accepts your friend request then they will be added to your friend’s list and you will be added to their friend’s list in New World.