One of the most popular baseball games, MLB The Show is going to received a new update on May 1. Speaking of the game, it is only available on the PS4 platform. The game has been developed by SIE San Diego Studio & published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It was released on March 17, 2020, can be enjoyed in both the single-player & multiplayer mode.
The new patch is coming along with version 1.10. The latest update is going to bring a lot of enhancements & bug fixes for the game. But one thing, that players are not liking for this update is Nerf of XP received in Play vs Friends, Retro Mode, and Home Run Derby. The new update will roll out on May 1 at 3 AM PT. You can check all the changes that have been incorporated in the latest update down below.
- This update includes our second round of game-play improvements with various fielding and base running improvements, including more adjustments to locking into the ball marker. We are still committed to monitoring and improving what issues may remain.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the user to initiate a “perfect jump” steal attempt in any game versus the CPU.
Fixed a logic decision that allowed the CPU controlled third baseman to risk a throw-out opportunity at home plate, instead of the safer throw-out to first base for the third out.
- Another fix made to the now-infamous HOME RUN OSD so that it doesn’t overstay its welcome.
- Fixed an issue where an opposing team’s custom uniform could appear in Showdown immediately after completing a head-to-head game.
- Fixed an issue where the WHIP / ERA appears to be rounded in the Standings and Statistics screen in Diamond Dynasty.
- UI text display window adjustments to prevent pertinent information from getting cut off or truncated.
- Added a progress tracker to the Team Affinity home menu.
- Separated Player Programs and Prestige Programs in Diamond Dynasty to help distinguish them from one another.
- The Mercy Rule can now happen in League games.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a Network Error message display when backing out of the Message Board rapidly.
- Fixed an issue where offline player ratings were sometimes used in-game.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent users from selecting Starting Pitchers in the bullpen.
- Fixed an issue where a user’s stronghold was taken over, the team occupying it would have 0 fans.
- Reduced the amount of XP received in Play vs Friends, Retro Mode, and Home Run Derby to be more in line with other modes.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing players from exchanging duplicates of cards that were in their lineups.
- Fixed a bug that was causing March to October to reward double the amount intended.
- Notables will properly refresh for every new appearance and next game simulation in RTTS to prevent outdated information from displaying.
- Online Notables will now display properly while holding the R2 Button during Batter Walk-Ups and will also appear accurately on Jumbotrons.
- Minor polish to certain Presentation and Bullpen Camera angles.
- Play by play adjustments and corrections.
- Various uniform updates and fixes.
Various crash fixes.