Xiaomi is a Chinese tech brand and the custom OS from the company is called MIUI. MIUI ROM runs on top of Android OS. The upcoming MIUI version is called MIUI 12.
There is an important thing to note about Xiaomi and its updates. Usually, the Xiaomi devices launched in the global market are slower in receiving updates. The Chinese variants receive updates first. After two weeks is when the users living outside China can expect the already announced software-related updates.
MIUI 12 China Beta ROM just received an upgrade. The version is called 20.7.23. Therefore, here we are with the changelog. But before that, some devices have a bit of a restriction related to the MIUI version 20.7.23 update.
- Xiaomi Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, and Redmi K30 Pro are adapting to Android 11 OS this week. So, the release of this update will be suspended until then.
- Redmi Note 7 is suspended from receiving the update. An error has been reported that the OTG cannot connect in Redmi Note 7 which is the reason behind the suspension.
- Redmi Note 7 Pro users are facing an issue where they aren’t able to hear the other party’s voice while using WeChat. Hence, the Note 7 Pro is suspended from receiving the update as well.
- Unfortunately, Mi MIX2S was not capable of compiling a package. So, the device joins the list of suspended smartphones temporarily.
- Starting from September 5, 2020, Mi 8 Youth Edition, Mi Max 3, Mi 8SE, Mi 8 Screen Fingerprint Edition, Mi MIX2S, Mi 8, Mi 8 Transparent Discovery Edition, and Mi MIX 3 will stop the development version of the Closed beta and public beta.
Here is the official update log. The update brings in major changes in status bar, notification bar and other changes related to the keyboard.
Status Bar, Notification Bar
- Added the ability to switch playback devices in media notifications
- Full-screen keyboard optimized function keys, new switch language and switch keyboard type functions
Rest assured, we post related content and updates every day, so stay tuned! Also, share this article with all these MIUI users!