Minecraft saw the release of the 1.17 update earlier. Named Caves and Cliffs, the update brought a lot of features with it. However, most of the features were underground, and players were left questioning the name. The update next in line is here to come squash all the doubts you might have about the same. Here’s Everything Known About Minecraft 1.18 Right Now:
As mentioned above, Minecraft rolled out a brand new update. The Caves and Cliffs update made sure to make a statement and brought with it several new things. The latest additions include an exciting new mob type, axolotls, along with the debut of another, more domestic and well-known animal, goats! Glow squids have been added to the game to make your underwater adventures more thrilling.
Along with new mobs to accompany you through the vast expanses of Minecraft, the developers put in a lot of effort to make the world a whole lot more beautiful. The update includes new additions like lush caves and dripstone caves that will have stalactites and stalagmites. There are a lot more features in 1.17, along with more updates that needed to be introduced in a later version, the 1.18 update.
So what is Minecraft 1.18? It is the 2nd part of the Caves and Cliffs update and will be named Caves and Cliffs Part 2. The reason for this division of parts was said to be due to the complexity of the content that is to be introduced, along with the health of the developers themselves. The 1.18 update is said to have the following additions, as far as we know:
- New Cave generation. A no-brainer, as at least one of the 2 parts of a Caves and Cliffs update should be about Caves and Cliffs.
- Addition of some gigantic mountains. The Cliffs are here, and they look mesmerizing. The update will bring with it some of the prettiest mountains you could ever come across in Minecraft.
- Goat Horns. Your goats are going to get an extra tool to ram into objects, or fellow goats when the 1.18 update rolls out.
- The Warden. A blind protector, a threat to even netherite armor. The Warden is a new mob that will be introduced with the update.
- Sculk Sensor. While this has been added to the game in the 1.17 update, it is only available in the creative mode. The new update will make the sensor widely available across other modes.
- The bundle, again, only available in the creative mode, through the give command.
- Spore Biomes.
- Deep Dark. A terrifying biome, to complement the addition of the Warden of course.
There might be other things in store for the update, so keep an eye out for them.
Read more about the 1.17 update:
Read more about gaming on Digistatement