Fiddlestick’s rework has been a long time coming and league of legend’s players have been anticipating its release after it won the most votes last year alongside Volibear. The champion always had the potential to become something greater than the silly champion it was and the initial assessment terms the rework as scary.
Fiddlesticks has some legacy and time, released back in 2009 when it was played in support and jungle roles. The Harbinger of Doom also had some stints in the middle lane, known as the ‘fiddle meta’. The rework was announced by Riot last year in May and we can say for certain that the goofy champion is now terrifying to look at and also play against.
The new rework consists of total kit revamp, including new skins, abilities and the in-game look. The response of the revamp has been positive, players stating that a rework should hold authentic to the original champion and this one surely does. The scariest part of the update is the passive which basically makes the ultimate ‘Crowstorm’ a 5-man fear ability with damage, which might even be broken. The rework is to be released with patch 10.7.
The complete breakdown of Fiddlestick’s rework goes like this :
- A Harmless Scarecrow (P):
- Fiddlesticks’ trinket has been replaced by Scarecrow effigies. You can have two actives at once, each looking exactly like him, save some health bar changes. They work as wards, but also perform a random action when an enemy approaches, such as casting Crowstorm or basic attacking. At level 6, an Effigy reveals nearby wards for six seconds.
- Terrify (Q):
- Passive: Fiddlesitck’s abilities terrify an enemy if they hit when he’s out of sight, causing them to flee.
- Active: Terrify a target, making them flee, while dealing damage depending on their health. Casting this when an enemy is terrified from the passive deals double damage.
- Bountiful Harvest (W):
- Drain the souls of nearby enemies, causing damage for a few seconds and healing Fiddlesticks for the same amount. The final tick of damage is dependent on the enemy’s health. Cooldown is partially refunded if no enemies remain.
- Reap (E):
- Damage and slow enemies in a crescent in front of Fiddlesticks. Those in the centre are also silenced.
- Crowstorm (R):
- Channel a blink to a target location, where you’ll damage all nearby enemies for a few seconds.
The Doom Look- The visual rework:
The ‘fear-inducing’ visuals are done right! Now when you look at Fiddlesticks with a laughable name, you would actually be filled with horror and dread. The ‘scarecrow’ now holds in value and style. The new-look has some amazing custom splash art, change of movement of the champion and new attack animation. We are excited to see the champion make a comeback and becoming a player-favorite one more time.
There is no official release date set for the rework but if everything goes according to schedule, patch 10.6 will be released on March 18 with major Wukong rework and 10.7 should follow the calendar, so we can see the new Harbinger of the Doom as soon as April 18.
The abilities are not set in stone and we will keep you updated on any tweaks that will be done on the champion. Till then, Happy Rioting!