Idol Showdown, a highly anticipated video game, was made available for PC users via Steam on May 6, 2023, as a free-to-play title. However, players may encounter a few technical glitches when playing the game, as with any fresh release. Screen tearing and stuttering are among the most often encountered problems by players so far, and they can be annoying and interfere with gameplay. In this article, we’ll look more closely at the issue and provide you with some helpful advice and fixes for it so you can play the game uninterruptedly.
Screen tearing is an unattractive visual condition that frequently occurs in video games but can also occur if there is a difference between the actual frame rate and the refresh rate of a display. When a game’s frames per second are out of sync with the refresh rate of the monitor, the graphics on the screen appear to have been divided into many pieces. This can be especially challenging in games with intense gameplay like Idol Showdown, where these problems can have a big impact on a player’s experience. Are you wondering if there is a solution to this problem? Let’s look at some potential workarounds.
Idol Showdown Screen Tearing & Stuttering Issue: How to fix it
By forcing Vsync through your GPU’s control panel, you can eliminate screen tearing and improve the game’s visual quality. Although there is no in-game option to enable Vsync, you can still access this feature through your GPU’s control panel. Simply follow the steps outlined above for your specific GPU.
For NVIDIA Control Panel-
- Open “NVIDIA Control Panel”.
- In the left-hand menu, click on “Manage 3D Settings.”
- In the “Global Settings” tab, scroll down to “Vertical Sync” and select “On.”
- If you want to enable Vsync for a specific game, go to the “Program Settings” tab and select the game from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to “Vertical Sync” and select “On” or “Adaptive” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Apply” to save your changes.
- Launch Idol Showdown and confirm that Vsync is working by checking for any screen tearing.
For AMD Radeon-
- Open “AMD Radeon Settings”.
- Click on “Display” in the bottom-left corner of the window.
- Next, click on “Graphics” in the top menu, and then select “Advanced” in the top menu.
- Click on “Wait for Vertical Refresh” and select “On, unless application specifies” from the drop-down menu.
- Launch Idol Showdown and check if screen tearing exists.
Enabling Vsync through your GPU’s control panel will synchronize the game’s frame rate with your monitor’s refresh rate, eliminating screen tearing and providing a smooth and seamless gaming experience. This is particularly important for fast-paced games like Idol Showdown, where even the slightest delay or interruption can greatly affect a player’s performance. This is a simple yet effective solution for fixing screen tearing in Idol Showdown. By following the steps outlined for your specific GPU, you can enjoy the game without any interruptions and ensure a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience. This was all from us, and for more guides like this, keep checking DigiStatement.
Related: Idol Showdown Crashing & Unable to Start Fight Issue: Is there any fix yet