Since the start of the closed beta, Hyper Scape developers have shipped the first patch for their battle royale game on July 6. This patch is set to nerf some of the more overpowered guns in the game and some major hack changes.
Players that have got hands-on experience with Hyper Scape have found weapons like Gatling gun Hexfire and grenade launching Salvo to be overpowered and even the most unskilled players can easily get a hold of them. The developers paid the most attention to these weapons and made some changes in the new patch. This update does not include any bug fixes but the developers have stated that they will soon have a status update on known issues. However, the new patch addresses some of the key balancing issues that the players have been reporting. Let us look at all the changes that were shipped in the July 6 update.
Hexfire- TTK Nerfed
The all-star weapon Hexfire has been dominant and overpowered. The Time-to-kill (TTK) of the weapon is way too faster than the other weapons with the benefit of a larger magazine and firing stability. So, in the first ever patch the Hexfire is going to nerfed. The overall damage output of the weapon has been reduced. Let us look at the detailed changes below:
- Damage across fusion levels decreased from 4/4/4/4/5 to 3/3/3/3/4.
- Contextual movement Spread in Hip-fire run, sprint, and in air states) has been slightly increased to reinforce difference with Ripper in term of mobility. Aim Down Sight (ADS) accuracy is unchanged
Skybreaker – Nerfed
The Skybreaker was doing a bit too much damage compared to other weapons, so the developers decided to nerf the weapon in order to make this weapon a less obvious choice. Only the damage will be lowered and there will be no changes in gun behavior and blast radius.
- Damage across fusion levels decreased from 50/57/65/72/80 to 40/46/52/58/64
Salvo – Nerfed
- Damage across fusion levels decreased from 25/25/25/25/31 to 22/22/22/22/28
Komodo – Buffed
- Damage across fusion levels increased from 20/20/20/20/25 to 22/22/22/22/28
D – TAP
- Due to the low damage output, the rate of fire has been increased both in Hip-fire and ADS
- Rate of Fire in Hip-fire +10%
- Rate of Fire in ADS +10%
Armor – Nerfed
The players have learned to use the cooldown “Fusion reset” to double stack it while wearing the crown which lets them get up to 24 seconds of Armom non-stop during showdown. The Armor is going to be less powerful to avoid the abuse of the cooldown.
- Hack duration reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds
- Cooldown across fusion increased from 12/11/10/9/7 seconds to 14/13/12/11/9 seconds
Mine – Buffed
The Mine is still underused compared to other hacks. It is currently a bit slow to react and managing to hit players reliably with it is harder than expected. This hack is buffed in the new patch.
- Hack trigger timer duration lowered from 1 second to 0.5 second
- Projectile acceleration time to reach full speed has been strongly increased