Are you facing a static sound problem on your PS5? Is your voice echoing? Read this article where we share the solution to solve this problem.
PS5 Echo, Static Sound Fix
- Press the PS Button on your controller to access the Dashboard
- As the Dashboard opens up, scroll towards the left, and you will see a microphone logo
- That’s the Microphone option. From here, ensure that it is the headset you have connected and not the inbuilt microphone that comes with the DualShock 5 (PS5 controller).
- Then, click on the adjust button. This is where we adjust the microphone level.
- We would recommend you to keep it a bit over eighty per cent (80%) but not lower than seventy per cent (70%)
- Next up, from the Dashboard, access the Sound option. The icon would look like a speaker, just adjacent to the Microphone option.
- From the Sound option, you will get to see the Headphones adjustment level
- Like the microphone, keep the Headphones level a bit over eighty per cent (80%) but not lower than seventy per cent (70%).
- A higher level can often lead to echoing, which can be experienced by you or your friends because of your headset level.
- Below the Headphones level, we get the option of Voice Chat.
- Adjustment is dependent upon the player.
- This means if you want to prioritise the PS5 game chat, scroll the level towards the left.
- But if you want to prioritise PS5 voice chat, scroll the level towards the right.
- To keep the balance, we would recommend you to keep the level in between.
Stop Echoing, Static Sound
Another way of ensuring no static sound and echoing on the PS5 is adjusting sound from the Party option. To do this:
- Open the Party Chat
- As you open the Party Chat, you will see three dots on the right.
- Go to the three dots and select Settings.
- As Settings open up, adjust your microphone level. Keep it a bit over eighty per cent (80%) but not lower than seventy per cent (70%).
- You also get the option called Share Your Voice. This allows you to include your voice in other player’s broadcasts and video clips when using voice chats at parties.
- Click on this option and disable the option. Select Don’t Allow
These are some effective ways in which you can stop the static sound and echo on the PS5. For more PlayStation guides, head here.