Resident Evil 4 Remake has recently been released and players have already started to notice issues with the game’s ultrawide support. Some players have reported that the field of view is very narrow, some UI elements are stretched, and inventory elements are too big. Others have even mentioned that cutscenes are framed completely wrong, making the experience claustrophobic and unpleasant. In this article, we will tell you how you can enjoy Resident Evil 4 Remake in Ultrawide Resolution.
Playing Resident Evil games on ultrawide resolution can provide several benefits. Firstly, it can provide a wider field of view, allowing you to see more of the game world and potentially giving you a strategic advantage in combat. Ultrawide resolution can also provide a more immersive experience, as it can give you a greater sense of being in the game world. This can be particularly effective in horror games, as it can enhance the feeling of tension and dread. With that being said, keep reading to know how you can achieve ultrawide resolution in the game.
How to play Resident Evil 4 Remake in Ultrawide resolution?
Players have been sharing their experiences and potential solutions in the game’s Steam forums. Some have suggested waiting for an official widescreen fix while some suggested using REFramework, which is a mod that has an ultrawide and FOV fix. This seems to work for other players as well. If you too want to apply this mod in your game then simply follow the steps outlined below.
- First and foremost, head here.
- Under the Assets tab, look for the RE4.zip file and download it.
- Extract the downloaded RE4.zip file to your main Resident Evil 4 Remake installation folder.
- Open the Reframework folder and locate the dinput8.dll file.
- Move the dinput8.dll file to your main Resident Evil 4 Remake installation folder.
- Launch Resident Evil 4 Remake.
- When the REFramework UI pops up in-game, go to the graphics section.
- Enable the Ultrawide Aspect Fix option.
- Adjust the FOV according to your preference.
- You can enable or disable the REFramework by pressing the “insert” key.
Note that there are still some graphical glitches when exiting the map and suitcase. These glitches only occur when you have the FOV fix enabled. Keep an eye out for any updates that may fix these issues. Additionally, it goes without saying that modding games come with its own set of risks. To prevent any error, we recommend players to not use multiple mods simultaneously. And there you have it, a method to enjoy the game in the ultrawide resolution. For more such useful gaming guides, make sure to follow Digistatement.
Resident Evil 4 Remake Audio/Sound Not Working Issue: How to fix it