Steps for Installing Friday Night Funkin’ on your CHROMEBOOK!
To play Friday Night Funkin’ on your chromebook, you have to install Linux first and upgrade it.
How to Install Linux(Beta) on your Chromebook?
- Open your settings.
- Click the hamburger icon in the upper left corner.
- Then click on the Linux (beta).
- Click turn on and install.
- Then the system will automatically install Linux (beta) on it.
After Installing Linux in your chromebook, jump to the Official website of Friday night Funkin’ to install the ‘Linux Installation Package’ or just simply click here.
Now, move this file into ‘Linux Files’.
Our next step is to open Terminal.
To open Terminal, simply go to the linux apps and click on ‘Terminal’.
Then, in the terminal,
- For the first command, type, “sudo mv /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/oldsources.list“
- For the second command, type,” sudo touch /etc/apt/sources.list “
- For the third command, type,” sudo echo deb https://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye main | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list “
- Now, we will update the repositories. For this, type,”sudo apt update” in the fourth command.
- Now, we will install all the updates. For this, type, “sudo apt dist-upgrade“. In the process, you have to press “Enter” to confirm the installation. Then, a window will pop out, in this, you have to click on “right arrow button” to confirm the decision.
- In this step, we will extract Friday Night Funkin’, for this, type, “unzip funkin-linux-64bit.zip” in the next command.
- To make the game executable, type, “chmod 755 Funkin” in the next command.
- To launch the game, type, “./Funkin” in the next command and the game will launch.
Whenever you will close the game, to play this game again you have to re-type all these commands in this Linux Terminal. We have made it easier for you, just do the following steps:
- In the fifth command, type, “sudo apt install menulibre“. After showing result, hit “Enter”, then type “y” and hit “Enter” again.
- Once it is done installing, type, “menulibre” and hit ‘Enter”.
Now, a window of menulibre will pop on the screen. Now, follow the following steps to add “Friday Night Funkin’ ” in this application.
- Select Games, and click on the “+” icon on the top left corner.
- Now, click on ‘ Add launcher’.
- After this rename this new launcher as “Friday Night Funkin’ “.
- Then go to the command section (just below the rename section) and click on ‘files’ icon. A new window will open.
- Now, in this window, go to home, select “Funkin“, then click ‘OK’.
- Now, click on the ‘Save Launcher’ icon on the top left corner of the window. When you are done, close all the windows.
Now, to Launch Friday Night Funkn’, go to the menu, click on ‘Linux Apps’ and Here it is!