Are you also looking for a guide that will let you install OptiFine for Minecraft on Chromebook? Read the full article to know more about it. OptiFine is a Minecraft Optimization Mod that is popular for its faster gameplay and better screen resolutions. Along with HD textures, OptiFine also supports many configuration options. Another popular feature of this Mod is options like Chunk Loading, Smooth FPS, Smooth World, etc. which reduces the game lag and boosts the game FPS. In this article, we will be guiding you through various steps to install OptiFine on your Chromebook. So, here is everything you need to know about it.
Install OptiFine on Chromebook
As we have already discussed in a separate article that how you can install Minecraft on Chromebook, we will only hold to the topic of OptiFine for now.
- So firstly, install Minecraft on your Chromebook.
- Now, install Optifine by matching the version of Minecraft. For instance, if you are playing on the 1.17 version of Minecraft, make sure to install the same version of OptiFine. You can visit here to check out all the versions of OptiFine.
- Now, go to the location where this file got downloaded and make sure that the file named OptiFine is named in all small case letters. Copy this file to the Linux Files.
- After this, open the Terminal and type “chmod 755 optifine.jar” and hit enter.
- Now, type “java -jar optifine.jar” and hit enter. After hitting enter, a dialog box will pop up asking you to install OptiFine. Click on Install and OptiFine will start getting installed on your Chromebook.
- After the installation gets completed, open your Minecraft Launcher and you will now be able to play OptiFine. (Go under Installation Tab to find it)
So, this is how you can install OptiFine on your Chromebook. Make sure to share this article with your friends.