Who does not like to have a high download speed? Every single person who uses the Internet gets annoyed by buffering and low download speed. And this frustration is even more among gamers. In this article, we have shared numerous ways by which you can increase the download speed in your PS5 console. So, if you are also encountering a low download speed while using PS5, then continue reading this article till the end.
PS5 Increase Download Speed
There are numerous ways by which you can increase the download speed on your PS5 console. It is recommended that you must try each way mentioned below:
- Connect your Wifi Modem or router with your PS5 console with a LAN Cable: Wired connections indeed give you the highest speed possible through your router or modem. So, it is recommended that you use it.
- WiFi Frequency bands: If you are not able to use the LAN cable for faster internet speed, then it is recommended that you must change some settings. Go to Settings > Network > Settings > Set up Internet Connection. Here, choose the WiFi connection that you use and press the options key on your controller. Now, select WiFi Frequency Bands and choose 5GHz from here. Connecting a 5GHz connection indeed gives you the second-best download speed on the PS5 console. If you don’t have a 5GHz WiFi connection, then you must choose 2.4GHz only.
- Change DNS: To further boost up the speed, you can also try changing the Primary and Secondary DNS of your WiFi connection. For that, press options on your WiFi connection and choose Advanced Settings. Now, set the following settings in the Primary and Secondary DNS:
- Primary DNS: 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124
- Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52
- MTU Settings: Under the Primary DNS Settings only, you can find the MTU settings. Set it to Manual and further, type “1473” after selecting MTU.
- Close other games/applications that are running: If you are still not experiencing good speed, then maybe the other applications running in the background are bottlenecking your internet connection. In that case, it is recommended to shut all those applications or games that are running in the background.
So, these all were some effective ways by which you can boost up your download speed on PS5. If you found this article helpful, share it with your friends.