Microsoft has recently rolled out the latest Windows 11. Surely it has turned out to be a very popular operating system in the market. However, people are experiencing no incoming sound on Discord while in a voice channel. These solutions will help you out.
- Click on the Windows icon and search for settings.
- In the System tab, open Sound.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select More sound settings.
- Under the playback tab, note that the headphone should be marked as the default device.
- Right-click on the active headset and then click on properties.
- From the Levels tab, set the sound level to a moderate range. 60 to 70 is a good choice.
- Go to the Advanced option.
- Check both the boxes under the Exclusive mode.
- Click on Apply and then on OK to save the changes.
After you are done with tweaking the settings for the headset, close the window.
- Now, open the Device Manager from the Windows menu in the same way.
- Expand the list under Audio inputs and outputs.
- Right-click on the audio device that you are using as an output.
- Select Update drivers and then click on Update drivers automatically.
- For any available updates over the internet, it will automatically get that for you.
When all of this is done, the final thing is to change a few things in the Discord settings.
- Open the discord application. In case it is already running in the background, restart it again.
- Click on the gear icon from the bottom of the screen to open Account Settings.
- Under App Settings, open the Voice and Video.
- Ensure that the output device in the list is the one that you are using.
- Scroll down to locate Audio subsystem.
- Change the choice from standard to legacy.
- Now, close the account settings and try joining a voice channel.
These methods should work for you. In case you are still facing the Discord no incoming sound issue, uninstall the application and install it again. This might happen due to some corrupt files. If you get stuck in any step, tech How is the go-to YouTube channel for you.