We all like to use an external monitor when we are using a MacBook Air. There are USB-C ports made on the MacBook Air support video output. Not just an external display, a projector or even an HDTV can be used through the USB-C ports in MacBook Air. Initially, you can easily connect and external monitor with MacBook Air.
But sometimes an issue comes up where the arrangement tab is not shown on your Mac. When this happens, if you go to System Preferences and then to Display, the MacBook Air shows that the display cannot recognize the external monitor. You might be using an adapter with your MacBook Air but that is not wrong. The actual thing is that the type of adapter that you use in entirely dependent on the model of MacBook Air that you have purchased. Well, you must be wondering how to solve this problem. So, you can follow these steps to fix the arrangement tab issue –
- You need to identify your MacBook Air model and check which model of MacBook Air you have purchased.
- You need to use the page of Technical Specifications for the MacBook Air model you are using to know the type of adapater you have to use in order to connect your display.
- If you need help to check the different types of adapters available, you can check them on different links available on the internet.
- When you are assured that the adapter you have used is correct for your model of MacBook Air, you should try to restart it by going to Apple Menu at the top left corner and then click on Restart.
If you follow these steps, it will definitely solve your issue. Also, in case if you don’t know how to get your MacBook Air to display on an external monitor, you can follow these steps –
- At first, connect your Monitor and Mac and go to System Preferences and choose Display.
- Secondly, click on the key of Alt/option. Doing this will make the Detect Displays button appear on the screen.
- At last, choose the option of Detect Displays and this will make your Mac to see the external monitor.