Another year and the PlayStation 5 hasn’t seen any slowdown in sales at all. In fact, as of December 2023, the PS5 has sold over 50 million units, effectively dwarfing sales of another fellow ninth-generation console, the Xbox Series X/S. And all of this has been possible due to the PS5’s amazing lineup since its launch in 2020. From Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XVI to Santa Monica Studio’s God of War Ragnarok, it’s safe to say that the PS5 has continued to bring some of the most incredible games out there in recent times. And while it’s pretty easy to install and play a game on the console, there are some other areas where the PS5 needs some extra work. Players have been consistently complaining about not being able to find the web browser app on the console and that’s something this guide can help you with.
For whatever reason, Sony tends to overcomplicate things when it comes to stuff like this. And it has remained a constant source of frustration for many users. While using a web browser on the PS5 isn’t a priority for many, it is still something every PS5 user should be well aware of. And so, without much further ado, here’s how you can find the web browser app on your PS5 console.
How to find Web Browser App on PS5 Console?
Sony has once again made things like this unnecessarily complex. Don’t worry, though. By the end of this guide, you will be able to use a web browser on your PS5 with ease. So, follow the instructions below carefully and try not to skip.
- First, you need to close all programs on your console and then press the PS button on your controller.
- Next, switch to Game Base and open Messages.
- Now, pick any of your friends and type in whatever search engine you would like to use. Want to use Google? Enter Google.com. Prefer Bing? Type in Bing.com and so on.
- Once you have entered your preferred search engine, send it, and then select the link.
- This will now launch whatever search engine you entered before.
- If you click the Options button (hamburger icon), you will get nine sub-options to choose from and use: Stop Loading, Back, Forward, Zoom, Magnify, Resize Card, Page Information, Close, and Pin to Side.
- Once you are done browsing, close the program, and you will be able to get back to playing your games.
- Also, from now on, whenever you need to access a web browser, just open your messages and click on the previously entered link.
And that’s all you need to know when it comes to accessing the web browser app on your PS5 console. Additionally, if you want to know how to save images on your PS5 internet browser to use as custom cover images, take a look at this guide. Lastly, for more such content, keep following DigiStatement. Also read: How to enter Vanilla Visa Gift Card on PS5?