The popular Live Streaming service Twitch provides you with a chat option. Are you planning to change the chat color? Read this article, where you can find all the details on how to change chat colour on Twitch.
Twitch: Change Chat Color
To change your chat color on Twitch, follow the instructions below:
- Access the Stream Chat on the right-hand side
- From here, you will be greeted by the Chat Room saying, “Welcome to the chat room!
- Now, on the right-hand bottom corner, you will see the Message typing area. This is where you can type out the message.
- For starters, send a message and check your chat name color.
You will notice one color (for example Red). To change the color, Type /color in the message typing area. As you type the message, Twitch would provide the option to change your username color in two ways
- Either by writing the hex code (#000000) of the color of your choice,
- Another way is by typing the following colors
Blue, Coral, DodgerBlue, SpringGreen, YellowGreen, Green, OrangeRed, Red, GoldenRod, HotPink, CadetBlue, SeaGreen, Chocolate, BlueViolet, and Firebrick.
Some colors can cause problems as they are not readable colors. For example, Blue. Therefore, if you decide to change the username chat color to Blue, you will first write /blue in the message box. After this, you will notice that the color Blue has been changed into a shade of Purple. This is because the actual Blue color is not easy to read/not a readable color.
Therefore, if you decide to remove the readable color option,
- Click on the Settings button below the message bar.
- After this, you will see the option of Readable Colors. Simply disable it by clicking on the same.
- Henceforth you will notice that the color has actually been changed into Blue, and the tint of the color is very dark. Therefore it is not easy for everyone to read.
- But at the same time, the color display also depends on the theme.
The default shade of Blue is dark in Twitch. So in Light Mode, you can read it very easily. Another way to change your color is by clicking on your Profile Picture and head to Settings.
- From here, select Prime Gaming.
- Under the Prime Gaming option, you will be able to change the chat color.
- Here, you will get to see the option of changing the shade of colour manually. Along with this, you can also check the Hex code of the new colour.
- Click on Confirm Color.
Hope this article was able to guide you to change chat color in Twitch. For more PC-based guides, fixes and updates, click here.